HELP!!! No crank ignition issue!!! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:54 PM

HELP!!! No crank ignition issue!!!

OK guys, here is the story. My wife went out the other night to roll the windows down on our 2003 trailblazer (6 cylinder), and left the key in the run position over night. Next morning I went to start the truck and well......dead battery. Charged it and tried to start the truck.....nothing. I have replaced the battery, ignition switch, checked the starter relay and double checked every fuse in both boxes. It's not the starter because I can jump the starter with a screw driver and make the engine turn over. Everything works inside the truck and all the lights come on just fine. I am stumped. Any suggestions??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Moondust Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Does it have the battery run down protection?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Does the security light on the dash flash when you turn the key to start?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM

Yes, the secuity light flashes a few times when the key is turned to the on position and then it stays on.

Does anyone out there with a service manual know what the security module reset procedure is? I know it is something like turn the key on and wait 'till the security light turns off, then turn the key off for a minute and repeate the procedure 2 more times but I would like to see the actual procedure. I don't know if the key has to be turned to the crank position first and then to the on position or if there are other details I don't know about. Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM

I know that some people have had to do a security re-learn after getting a tuned PCM. I've seen the procedure on here before...

Here it is:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost....3&postcount=24

This should get you back up and running.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Neelskit,

Thanks for the link. I was able to talk to a mechanic that was nice enough to give me the reset procedure last night and that did the trick. The procedure he gave me is the same procedure that was in the link so that is definetly the right steps to reset it. I am still a little puzzled as to why leaving the key in the on position would have caused my issue but I guess I will get over it since I have a running truck now!!

Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:15 PM

No prob!

The electronics on these trucks can be stubborn at times. In your case, probably just a glitch.

Glad your driving again!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
start issue

I'm having a no start problem, I've gone through the threads with no avail. My shifter is NOT getting stuck at all and it has free range. That is why I want to rule out the ignition switch. I turn the key and nothing happens, if I jiggle the shifter around while attempting to start it, sometimes it works. I started with the cheap end of it and replaced my park/nutural safety switch, it was only 34.99. It seemed to be fine and I thought I was out of the woods until it happened to me again twice today. So I go through the normal routine of shifter jiggle and turning it over and I finally get it to start. This may sound weird but it seems to only occur when it is cold. Please help me!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Trailblazer Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Did you ever find out what is wrong? I am having the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.