1 or 1.5 DIN Stock Head Unit Question - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:44 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
1 or 1.5 DIN Stock Head Unit Question

So I was doing some thinking today about a CarPC and after coming across a thread on mp3car about a 1/2 DIN folding LCD I had a great idea. The wife's biggest complaint about moving a carputer is that she likes manual radio controls, which to a point is understandable if you're not a big fan of touch screens. In order to have the best of both worlds this unit, with a 1 or 1.5 DIN head unit would be fantastic.

The only thing I'm concerned about is losing stock radio functionality as far as BCM programming, etc. I'd also like to eventually throw in steering wheel controls to my LS. My question is: are there any GM stock head units known to work with the TB's (chimes, steering controls, BCM, etc.) that are just 1 or 1.5 DIN instead of 2 DIN?

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 11:41 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
why not just get an cheap aftermarket 1 din unit??
Old 10-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by maik
... The only thing I'm concerned about is losing stock radio functionality as far as BCM programming, etc. ...

I'd really like to keep as close to stock functionality as possible. If there are other means to address my concerns I am definitely game though.

Also, I posted this same question over on MP3Car in case I don't get any hits here. I'll post the link here if/when the post gets approved over there.

Mike
Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I don't know if editing posts is disabled or I'm just retarded and don't see it, but here's the link to the post on mp3car.

Mike
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I have an aftermarket hu (was 1 din now double din) and have used the PAC adapter to keep my chime. I havent lost any functionality as far as I know. They also make the adapter to keep your steering wheel controls (which I've installed in a scion TC before, but is also compatible with many cars including the trailblazer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.