The Grim Reaper for GMT 360/370 Trucks - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > Announcements & Feedback > Latest GM News

Latest GM News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:04 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
The Grim Reaper for GMT 360/370 Trucks

News flash - Director of Global Vehicle engineering Jim "Alfalfa" Queen has finally achieved the promise he made to a group of Harvard Recruits in 2003 = That "I will tear this company apart" Translation "Get rid of the trucks except GMT 900"

Here he is shaking hands with Govenor Granholm after securing more Michigan Taxpayer money for HIS hand picked Cadillac division boys for another of their low volume halo waste of time vehicles.

He had to shut down the GMT 360 program and the Moraine assembly plant though, even with approximately 180 Trailblazers/Envoys being sold every day. Yes this is the guy who did this so the Trailblazers/Envoys wouldn't siphon off sales from HIS Acadia, Enclave, Outlook POC babies.

Some of us should ask the question to "Alfalfa", just how many of those Cadillacs in the picture will be sold in a year??? Will it be worth the TAXPAYER money being spent to help setup the new line ??? For what?? 20 vehicles a day??? The 360/370's were still selling 180 units EVERY DAY, without Taxpayer money ...and Alfalfa had to kill the program!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2004 Cadillac TrailBlazer LT
Majestic Red/Sandstone 4.2L I6 2WD
Welcome to the world of politics. But seriously, you're beginning to sound a bit obsessed with Mr. Queen, or Alfalfa, as you choose to call him. I understand that your position was compromised and undoubtably you feel Mr. Queen was somewhat responsible, if not directly. However, Mr. Queen has apparently had a vision of things to come, and has used his formidible talent of persuasion to accomplish such a task. It is done. The vehicles that we all know and love are no more. It is time to move on, preferably forward. Find a way to transfer all your bitterness and anger into a positive arena and see what can be accomplished.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Welcome to the world of politics. But seriously, you're beginning to sound a bit obsessed with Mr. Queen, or Alfalfa, as you choose to call him. I understand that your position was compromised and undoubtably you feel Mr. Queen was somewhat responsible, if not directly. However, Mr. Queen has apparently had a vision of things to come, and has used his formidible talent of persuasion to accomplish such a task. It is done. The vehicles that we all know and love are no more. It is time to move on, preferably forward. Find a way to transfer all your bitterness and anger into a positive arena and see what can be accomplished.
Actually move forward to what? GM no longer designs manufactures a mid size BOF SUV. All the evidence that I can see in the media points to this not changing. This is a forum about the 360/370 right? So should a taxpayer just assume that its OK for a company that is now existing completely on taxpayer money to eliminate a vehicle that was selling 180 vehicles a day in the worst market in years? Move on to what? A Cadillac that will sell 20 units a day at best???

This is not my "personal obsession", its just facts. I think what you probabily are saying is this...Its silly to challenge the status quo...just be happy and buy the Acadia or Enclave or Outlook that "roughly " replace the 360/370. This is a forum about BOF rear wheel drive trucks right?

No as a taxpayer I think its plain stupid to kill a vehicle that was fully designed with all plant and equipment costs fully amoritized that was selling 180 vehicles a day to spend MY money on a pie in the sky concept that will sell 20 units per day at best.

The only move on I can see at this point is rally GM's customer base to force the company to utilize its flexible manufacturing capability to produce a next generation BOF midsize SUV at its Shrieveport Assembly plant. This will never happen with "Alfalfa" at the helm.

Well, I know that there are plenty that agree with me particularily in the areas of taxpayer waste. GM will come back to the federal government in March 2009 to get another 16 BILLION in handouts...to move on to what? 20 unit per day Cadillacs???

Doesnt sound like the marketplace talking to me!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:01 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I love my tb, which is why I bought a second one in 2007. If they were selling 180 units a day why would GM close a plant? I don't want a fwd piece of s--- ! Who do I call and or write at GM to correct this problem? Maybe if we made enough noise the top brass will listen and start prouduction again. Just keep making the same tb that we all love for 2 or 3 more years. Jay P.S. You can d--- well bet that Toyota would listen!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:29 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Possible end of american cars

The Tb/Envoy were selling that many a day and haven't been changed in years just imagine how much they would sell if they changed the body style a little. After the life of my current Tb i will be looking into a new FJ Cruiser. It hasnt been out for too many years and you can not drive anywhere without seeing one when are they going to realize most Americans want the mid size SUV. Then they wonder why Japanese trucks sell a lot more than American. It is a very sad day when we cant even get trucks and Suvs right.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Onyx Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Are you ever going to get over this Alfalfa stuff?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:18 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemu79 View Post
The Tb/Envoy were selling that many a day and haven't been changed in years just imagine how much they would sell if they changed the body style a little. After the life of my current Tb i will be looking into a new FJ Cruiser. It hasnt been out for too many years and you can not drive anywhere without seeing one when are they going to realize most Americans want the mid size SUV. Then they wonder why Japanese trucks sell a lot more than American. It is a very sad day when we cant even get trucks and Suvs right.
You raise a very good point Mike about the FJ Cruiser. This vehicle sold about 1800 vehicles per month in 2008. This was less just a little over two weeks worth of the 360/370 monthly sales for the last months they were produced.

So why does Toyota still produce and sell the FJ Cruiser in the US with such low sales? Becaue they make MONEY on them. But Jim Alfalfa Queen could not have the 360/370 cutting into the monthly sales of the POC Outlook, Enclave, Acadia "crossovers" . God forbid that they would have to cut a shift at Lansing Delta township assembly plant that produce Alfalfas POC vehicles. Better to close Moraine

WE the customers are left with out a GM midsize BOF RWD SUV to purchase. Toyota still will produce the FJ at 1/2 the monthly sales of our beloved vehicles. BTW, to make money Toyota outsources the production of this vehicle to Hino Motors in Japan. Works very nice. GM knows how to do this. They kit build vehicles all over the world. Why didnt GM choose to continue to sell 180 Trailblazers a day. Ask your Senators...They are in charge of GM now
The reason that Yoyota is happy to sell only 1800 FJ Cruisers a month is that Toyota has a competant management team.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:36 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2004 Cadillac TrailBlazer LT
Majestic Red/Sandstone 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by seejeremy View Post
Are you ever going to get over this Alfalfa stuff?
Apparently not...
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemu79 View Post
You raise a very good point Mike about the FJ Cruiser. This vehicle sold about 1800 vehicles per month in 2008. This was less just a little over two weeks worth of the 360/370 monthly sales for the last months they were produced.

So why does Toyota still produce and sell the FJ Cruiser in the US with such low sales? Becaue they make MONEY on them. But Jim Alfalfa Queen could not have the 360/370 cutting into the monthly sales of the POC Outlook, Enclave, Acadia "crossovers" . God forbid that they would have to cut a shift at Lansing Delta township assembly plant that produce Alfalfas POC vehicles. Better to close Moraine

WE the customers are left with out a GM midsize BOF RWD SUV to purchase. Toyota still will produce the FJ at 1/2 the monthly sales of our beloved vehicles. BTW, to make money Toyota outsources the production of this vehicle to Hino Motors in Japan. Works very nice. GM knows how to do this. They kit build vehicles all over the world. Why didnt GM choose to continue to sell 180 Trailblazers a day. Ask your Senators...They are in charge of GM now
The reason that Yoyota is happy to sell only 1800 FJ Cruisers a month is that Toyota has a competant management team.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Billdaman I completely agree. It seems plain stupid to shut down such a successful line of midsize SUVs so that a FWD line can come in. I'm turning 18 when my Trailblazer turns a year old and I love it. Already turned 14000 and I cant help but take it everywhere, gets me skiing in any weather and hauls a quad or snowmobile no problem. I am sad to see them go and be replaced by little 3.6L FWD "SUVs".

...Looks like my only GM substitute down the road might be a tahoe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.