Hey Roadie - it's funny how many are out here reading old news hahahhaa.
linneje - good to meet you....
I have 140K km - which is somewhere around 90000 miles but lots of these were at 1/2 that milage
I have either a cracked head (most likely) or blown head gasket. Known issue with specific head manufac.
I have had the cat replaced on warranty
- they replaced the fuel pump due to rotten lines (keep an eye out for this on yours) XL problem.
- I now have a bearing shot in the diff - and the fluids were changed blah blah bla from all the guys on here
- the dealers answer was to let it go and trade it out for a used diff....??? and how long will that last ???
- did a wheel bearing (warranty)
- did 4 ignitions (3 were warranty) I now carry one in the glove box
- windshield wiper control unit (real pain when no wipers in the rain) warranty
- the AWD switch is flakey - I should change that ....
- now have a good clunk in the front end which I am pretty sure is the ball joint or linkage issue
- starting to think it is a mechano project - take it all apart and put it back together again...
- oh - and I oiled this pig every year - rusting at the seems all over - I have a 95 toyota with 300,000 km that has less rust than this poorly engineered vehicle
- what you find in reading around here is there are a lot of weak links - and we are the informed trying to learn and help others - pity for all the poor folks that are getting hammered by GM
My mistake was using it mostly in the winter for tough weather - if I had drove it hard maybe the diff would and the head have been a warranty deal ... but I have never had a vehicle in my life in the shop as much as this thing .... 12 step - my name is Rick and I own a GM ... its been 30 days since my last repair ...
Too bad - when it runs good I love it - but after the diff bearing and the rust showing up - I think it is time to buy a Sequoia LOL -
However - I do have a very hard head ...