PO300 code - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Performance Engine Tuning/Engine Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sandstone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
PO300 code

Hi everyone. First I want to thank all of you for this helpful site; I’ve been saving so much time and money with your help. Two months ago, I got a permanent Check Engine light on, PO300 “Random Misfire” with a poor idle; after reviewed some of your posts, I cleaned my throttle body, change my Bosch Platinum 2+ spark plugs for Autolite (gaped at 0.043” with a manual gauge, no so trustable) and Seafoam the system (and water pump changed), all those jobs were made possible with your help.
After all this process, what I have right now is a smooth idle and no SES lights 50% of the time, because very often my idle comes bad and the SES light comes on (PO300) when I stop on a light (more often when AC is on) ; and after a while, everything comes fine again. Other thing I noted is very low city MPG (I’m getting something between 13 and 15).
Any ideas you may think I have to explore to gat back my TB to normal again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 PM

2007 GMC Canyon
Steel Gray Metallic Other 4X4
Have you cleaned your injectors?

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300
Old 05-15-2009, 01:13 PM

I add 1/3 seafoam bottle to a half gas tank and 1/3 trow a vaccum hose. Do you think I have to clean the inyector by another way?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Welcome When you cleaned the tb did you take it off to clean both sides?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Yes, I remove my TB and cleaned both sides until they were like new... It was very dirt !! I did that at 73K, right now I have 80K on my Trailblazer.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM

Do you think it could be a vacuum leak? When I remove the vacuum hose from the brake booster to inject the Seafoam , I noted that the fit were you connect that hose is kind of loose (I can rotated it) , is it normal?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 PM

2007 GMC Canyon
Steel Gray Metallic Other 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmontalvom View Post
I add 1/3 seafoam bottle to a half gas tank and 1/3 trow a vaccum hose. Do you think I have to clean the injector by another way?

Nope. I missed the Seafoamed the system line. Maybe a professional cleaning depending on how long it has been since you put cleaner in the tank last?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:57 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Did you change out your coil packs or just the spark plugs? You may be having a coil pack starting to go bad, or need to re-grease the coil packs.

KENTUCKY REP
"I HEAR STUPID PEOPLE"
Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteFireGuy View Post
Did you change out your coil packs or just the spark plugs? You may be having a coil pack starting to go bad, or need to re-grease the coil packs.
I just changed the spark plugs. I was thinking that if a X coil is starting to go bad, I'll get a PO30X. About the re-grease, would you please explain me the term, because I'm pretty new with it. May be that was my mistake, because when I changed my spark plugs, I cleaned the coil packs for everywhere . Do I have to grease them with something special?

Thank you
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Putting a dielectric grease inside the part of the coil that goes down over the plug, helps the boot slide on and helps seal out moisture. It also makes it easier to remove the coil next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
po300, random misfire, sls light, spark plugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.