Trailblazer LTZ rear a/c and audio control - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Trailblazer LTZ rear a/c and audio control

My Trailblazer LTZ's rear radio nor a/c will come on. The rear consoles unit lights come on but there is not functionality besides that. Does anyone know what else it could be besides a complete unit failure? The unit is easy to get out so I would like to replace it if that is the most logical failure. If it is the unit that is a failure does anyone know the official name for the rear console "command unit" that controls a/c and radio ? I've searched this forum and googled it and cant find much information...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
It doesn't fail that often, so that's why there's a lack of discussion. Please fill out your profile so we can tell better what you have. Long wheelbase EXTs are different from the SWB, and I think LTZ has digital HVAC controls, but I have an Envoy so I'm more familiar with their option packages.

If you have digital controls, there is a fuse (HVAC-B - rear fuse block #36) that may be involved.

GM calls it the HVAC control module - Auxiliary. I see them on Ebay all the time for relatively cheap, and sometimes they just call it the Rear heater module or something similar. I can get you the exact part number if you confirm what wheelbase you have and what kind of HVAC system (analog or digital) is involved.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:45 PM

Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
It doesn't fail that often, so that's why there's a lack of discussion. Please fill out your profile so we can tell better what you have. Long wheelbase EXTs are different from the SWB, and I think LTZ has digital HVAC controls, but I have an Envoy so I'm more familiar with their option packages.

If you have digital controls, there is a fuse (HVAC-B - rear fuse block #36) that may be involved.

GM calls it the HVAC control module - Auxiliary. I see them on Ebay all the time for relatively cheap, and sometimes they just call it the Rear heater module or something similar. I can get you the exact part number if you confirm what wheelbase you have and what kind of HVAC system (analog or digital) is involved.

Thanks! I have a V6 2003 short wheel base LTZ. It has a digital controlled audio and HVAC system in the center console. I checked the fuse and it appears to be ok. The button illuminations show up but the air and the radio dont work..Its kind of odd because you would think if the unit was going to die the lights wouldnt power on as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Just to rule out the simple things......the front HVAC is on and NOT in defrost mode, right? (In defrost mode, the rear controls become inoperative). The rear radio controls can also be locked out to prevent kids from playing around with them. (I seem to recall pressing and holding the 4 & 6 memory buttons together, but its been a while since I looked at that portion of the manual).
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM

Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylab View Post
Just to rule out the simple things......the front HVAC is on and NOT in defrost mode, right? (In defrost mode, the rear controls become inoperative). The rear radio controls can also be locked out to prevent kids from playing around with them. (I seem to recall pressing and holding the 4 & 6 memory buttons together, but its been a while since I looked at that portion of the manual).

I have fooled with it a good bit and put the front HVAC on every setting I can find..No luck getting anything on in the rear with any setting in the front.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
The lights are fed directly from a dimmable lamp bus, and not by way of the module power. You should check the orange wire when you pull it out just to make sure has 12V.

Anyway I don't see one cheaply on Ebay today. That's unusual.

ACDelco 15-72903 GM #15082687
$250 or so at parts4chevys.com and other places.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.