Steps to replace drivers side temp door actuator - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Steps to replace drivers side temp door actuator

Hello from the valley of the sun stroke. It was only 113 today! I need some help replacing the drivers side temp door actuator. Thats right, its a 113 and I have refreshing hot air coming our of my driver side vents. On a positive side, I think I have sweated off 5 lbs this week. I have the floor panels off, I see the actuator, but it appears there is no easy access. I couldn't seem to find a thread outlining the steps to make this repair. Can anyone walk me through it. I think the writing is on the wall... I'm going to have to take the whole dash off.... someone tell me I'm wrong, please

FYI: I have tried all the reset tricks and took the truck into the Chevy dealer. They are indicating that when I changed out my battery, I ceated a fault in the actualator causing it to bind up. Same problem with the Mode Door Actuator, but with help from this website, I have successfully swapped out the the mode door actuator and restored air to my front vents! One down, one to go!

Thanks!!

Kevin - 2002 TB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Welcome . I can understand why you're working on it at night. It must have dropped down to a cool 100 by now. I can only give you encouragement right now. It's late but, I'm sure someone will jump in soon. I know I've seen posts on your problem, but can't remember the answer. Sorry. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I feel your pain. Had this happen last winter with it blowing cold air instead of warm air on a cold day. After removing the lower dash as you have done, I was able to fit in a screwdriver and tap on the actuator. This broke it loose and has been working since but I don't trust it at all!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 AM

Thanks WOOLUF1952 for the welcome. I'm loving this website. I'm still hunting through past posts for a solution. I plan to tackle this problem again on Friday. I may just try a temporary fix (i.e. Pull the wire connection and try to manually open the door). JnT4life, I wish I was soo lucky But... you never know, I'll see if I can give it a good rattle. I'm due for a lucky break.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Unhappy

well... I couldn't find any threads on the actual steps for replacing the drivers side temp door actuator. To me, it looks like I need to lift the dash up out of the way to get to it. Has anyone replaced this actuator before? I saw several post on the passenger side but not the driver side ~ Thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 AM

2007 GMC Envoy SLE
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Air Temperature Actuator Replacement - Left Side

Removal Procedure

1.Remove the I/P carrier.

2.Remove the left side air temperature actuator (1) retaining screws.
3.Disconnect the left side air temperature actuator electrical connector.
4.Remove the left side air temperature actuator.
Installation Procedure

1.Install the left side air temperature actuator (1). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
2.Install the left side air temperature actuator retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 1.9 N.m (17 lb in).
3.Connect the electrical connector to the left side air temperature actuator.
4.Install the I/P carrier.
5.Calibrate the air temperature actuator on vehicles equipped with automatic climate control (C68). Refer to Actuators Recalibration (Primary). See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning\Actuator Recalibration (Primary) - HVAC - Manual

Email me for diagrams if you need them.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Bordeaux Red Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Can you send me the diagrams for this I have to replace the actuator in my TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
Air Temperature Actuator Replacement - Left Side

Removal Procedure

1.Remove the I/P carrier.

2.Remove the left side air temperature actuator (1) retaining screws.
3.Disconnect the left side air temperature actuator electrical connector.
4.Remove the left side air temperature actuator.
Installation Procedure

1.Install the left side air temperature actuator (1). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
2.Install the left side air temperature actuator retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 1.9 N.m (17 lb in).
3.Connect the electrical connector to the left side air temperature actuator.
4.Install the I/P carrier.
5.Calibrate the air temperature actuator on vehicles equipped with automatic climate control (C68). Refer to Actuators Recalibration (Primary). See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning\Actuator Recalibration (Primary) - HVAC - Manual

Email me for diagrams if you need them.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Western Canada Chapter

2003 TrailBlazer and '09 Kadillak Eskalade __
sExY Dark Gray Metalic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg63 View Post
Can you send me the diagrams for this I have to replace the actuator in my TB
Follow this thread. One of the best to read.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=45175

Let's get a Meet going!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:52 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Driver side actuator

The steps listed to change and calibrate this device are great. I need to know where the driver side actuator is located. I know I am close because I have pulled the components from the center of the dash. I see the passenger's side actuater but not the driver side. Does anyone have a diagram. I am a banker by trade.... be easy.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
Black 5.3L V8 AWD
Temp Door Actuator

I have a 2009 Saab 97x that always blows hot air out of the driver side vents. I went to the dealer, and they said that the Temp Door Actuator is bad and needs to be replaced. They said they would have to remove the dash to do this. I've read some other posts and I'm not sure the dash has to be removed to change the actuator. Anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.