head lights wont turn off - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
head lights wont turn off

i have been noticing for a while that when i turn my TB off the headlights wont turn off and i have a hard time getting them to go off. i figured they would turn off on their own but i know it dont take almost 2 hours for them to automatically go off. also when i go outside to smoke a cigarette at night sometimes my headlights will either turn on or flicker. at first i thought it was my wife messing with me but the next night i took both sets of keys with me and they were doing it again like my TB is possesed. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

i serched for this topic and couldn't find anything.
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Sounds like a flaky low beam relay #46 under the hood. You can temporarily install relay 45, which is for the fan clutch. You can find the part number for the relay in a search for "low beam relay" I believe. Or just go to your local parts stores. It's a solid state unit,, and not as cheap as a traditional relay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Same bad relay can also cause your low beams to shut down while you're driving at night! Happened to me while turning..YIKES Trailvoy set me straight on the fix. Think the relay was $30+ at a dealer. Great site...great members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
i love this site. i rplaced the relay and know it works like it is supposed to.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
well the new relay worked for a little so i replaced it again and it still wasn't working right. I took it back to carmax and they couldn't figure it out. Then they sent it off to the chevy dealership and it turned out that it needed a whole new box that the relays plug into. Since carmax couldn't fix it and it is still under warranty they had to pay chevy to fix it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.