Back speakers not working - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM

2004 Chevy North Face
North Face 2 tone 4.2L I6 4X4
Back speakers not working

To make a long story short, the wife didn't want to hear what the kids where listening to, so she went to turn the front speakers off, and once she did we noticed the back ones are not working...
Two weeks ago it went into the shop, and when it came out the outside air temp. was not working, so I took it back and the shop had to put it on the computer again to get it working, could this have something to do with it...
I removed the radio today, and all looks to be hooked up correctly... Is there a connection between the radio and back spekers that I don't know about???

ANY help would be great!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 09:10 PM

2004 Chevy North Face
The reason it went into the shop had nothing to do with the stereo, it was an O2 sensor...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:50 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I wouldn't it would matter. I would pull the door panel off and try a speaker that you know works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 11:58 PM

2005 GMC Envoy Denali XL
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
im too tired to go out and play with my truck right now. But for some reason i am thinking that on the rear audio controls you can change the source and that if you change the source to something other than what the front is on it will shut off the rear speakers so that the people in front only hear the front speakers. and those in the rear only hear what is coming from the head phones and dont have the rear doors compeating. I know this is how it worked with my duel zone Kenwood hu i used to have in my silverado. So i would sheck that, its a simple enough thing to check. I could be compleatly wrong though. i don't sitt back there so i never paly with the controls
Old 09-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
It'll also help to know if your TB has the stock base stereo system, the stock upgrade Bose system, or if there is some other after market items installed... One thing to also check is the fader - which is what turns the sound up or down between the front and rear speakers. But def let us know what system you have in the car to better assist!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM

2004 Chevy North Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAACKUS View Post
im too tired to go out and play with my truck right now. But for some reason i am thinking that on the rear audio controls you can change the source and that if you change the source to something other than what the front is on it will shut off the rear speakers so that the people in front only hear the front speakers. and those in the rear only hear what is coming from the head phones and dont have the rear doors compeating. I know this is how it worked with my duel zone Kenwood hu i used to have in my silverado. So i would sheck that, its a simple enough thing to check. I could be compleatly wrong though. i don't sitt back there so i never paly with the controls
I too thought of that, the rear control was off, and I checked to make sure the rear controls worked and both sides when headphones are plugged in work fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERYDER View Post
It'll also help to know if your TB has the stock base stereo system, the stock upgrade Bose system, or if there is some other after market items installed... One thing to also check is the fader - which is what turns the sound up or down between the front and rear speakers. But def let us know what system you have in the car to better assist!
It is a factory system, no upgrade...
Thanks again for all input...
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 AM

Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
It is a factory system, no upgrade...
Thanks again for all input...[/QUOTE]

Well for the base factory system there isn't any amp so it's not that... I would def check the fader when you get a chance too, if your wife was trying to turn fronts off to avoid hearing the rears, the fader is really the only way to do that on the factory radio and maybe when turning them back on it got turned too far and the rears went off... If you check that and still nothing, is there any sound coming out of the rears at all like a pitch, or static sound?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 AM

2004 Chevy North Face
The "Fade" is and has been set in the middle, so front/back should play... There is NO sound at all coming out the back two speakers... I am really leaning towards the rear audio control as being the problem!!! Not sure just how yet...
Old 09-07-2009, 02:05 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
time for an upgrade
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT
Scratchy Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularjoe View Post
I would pull the door panel off and try a speaker that you know works.
this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.