Driver's side carpet soaking wet! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:41 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Driver's side carpet soaking wet!

I just got back from the dealership's service dept. today after picking up my '04 TB LT for warranty work...The floor on my driver's side has been soaking wet!!! The service mgr. said that they have someone from outside the dealership they call a "leak expert" come in one specific day a week (Fridays) to determine the water entry source and instruct the in-house service techs on how to correct the problem...According to the slip that I received from the service mgr.upon picking up my truck,the guy determined that there was "insufficient sealant on left cowl panel FC-2P,sublet repair .2 hr to integrity water seals.Reseal left cowl panel for open seam".It's too early to tell if the "hired gun" has fixed the leakage, but I will fill y'all in a little down the road on this one, for sure...Has anyone else on the TrailVoy site experienced this particular problem??? I have heard of this occurring on the passenger side due to A/C condensation drainage, but not on the driver's side of theTB...Any further input from anyone whose had the same experience on the driver's side floor, I'd sure love to hear from ya'...Hopefully all will be well because I LOVE my TB!!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
International Chapter

Just Silver ! 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlazeruss44
I have heard of this occurring on the passenger side due to A/C condensation drainage, but not on the driver's side of theTB...Any further input from anyone whose had the same experience on the driver's side floor, I'd sure love to hear from ya'...Hopefully all will be well because I LOVE my TB!!!!
Well, NEVER had it with my Truck, but have had it with my old 98 Mercedec though, i know it suck's big time
Old 03-18-2006, 03:23 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Majestic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I haven't looked on my TB, but most cars I've seen have a drain tube for the A/C unit. When they get plugged the water ends up on the floor. Look for a little tube going through the firewall and pointing down. clean it out with pipe cleaner or some compressed air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
my 2002 trailblazer LT "EXT", had a leak on driver side dealer couldn't find it, i did, it was the door seal moulding, the rubber seal, had a sag in it,let water run in
Old 03-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Basic Vendor- DRL Killer

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlazeruss44
there was "insufficient sealant on left cowl panel FC-2P,sublet repair .2 hr to integrity water seals.Reseal left cowl panel for open seam".It's too early to tell if the "hired gun" has fixed the leakage, but I will fill y'all in a little down the road on this one, for sure...Has anyone else on the TrailVoy site experienced this particular problem???
Haven't had a leak but it does make sense to me as a possible source. I 've had my wiper arms and air inlet cowl cover off to get to the wiper motor ass'y to do my own wiper motor seal mod to my '02, and I did a very close inspection while I had it apart. They use an expanding foam sealant looking stuff along all the panel seams during assembly. If there was a gap in the sealant where they missed a spot on the driver's side, water coming in down through the air inlet grill or down the windshield could leak in. Good luck - hope they get it the first time.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:28 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I haven't looked on my TB, but most cars I've seen have a drain tube for the A/C unit. When they get plugged the water ends up on the floor. Look for a little tube going through the firewall and pointing down. clean it out with pipe cleaner or some compressed air.
This doesn't address the OP's problem, but the TB/E A/C condensate tube is on the passenger's side. My passenger's carpet got soaked last summer, and it wasn't that the drain tube was plugged with mold or debris. The A/C plenum in the engine compartment just in front of the firewall is where the drain tube plugs in. If that tube falls down a tiny bit, and isn't pushed into the hole hard enough, it has an internal baffle that shuts the drain hose. Then the condensate backs up into the passenger side and runs under the carpet.

Now I wiggle that tube upwards into the hole every month or so to make sure Mrs. Roadie's toes don't get wet.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I don't have the answer but something similar did happen to me. Two weeks ago, my '02 Envoy was in the dealer ship for body repair. I had a new pair of leather gloves underneath the driver's seat and noticed that they were soaked. Checked the floor and it was soaked, mostly under the seat. Weird cause everything around the wet section was dry, including the seat above. It had no odor, nor was it oily, just H2O. I donít think itís a big deal, probably just aliens playing games with me. I was supposed to keep an eye on it but forgot so Iíll check tonight and after my next high pressure care wash.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Well I jumped in my Trailblazer today and to my suprise there were a few drips on the seat. Look up and there is water on the right plastic mount of the visor. I wiped it off and begin to drive, next thing I know noah let's the water loose and I look like I've wet myself.

This isnt the first time I've had water leaking somewhere inside the cab. Bout 2 months ago I had a huge amount of water leaking through the upper console. Needless to say when I head home from school this weekend I will be making a stop at the dealer to have a little talk about my new leaking issues.

By the way I have an 04 Lt with a sunroof. I'm assuming that the water is coming either through the sunroof or through the antennae on the top right next to the sunroof.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:54 PM

Well gang, I'm back with my post-repair report....After allowing the new re-seal job to fully cure underneath my cowl/windshield areas of my TB, I will say with some degree of confidence that they stopped the leak, and subsequently, the wet floor on the driver's side...I had my warehouseman at work give her the ole' pressure washer test, blasting everything up front including the onstar antenna seals and she is as dry as a popcorn fart!!!! The dealership has seemed to do another one-trip warranty repair(i'm just wondering when the streak will come to an end?)...I DID have to shame them into shampooing the driver's side carpeting because of the mildewy water that was trapped under my awesome Husky liner mats, but they listened to my righteous mini-rant and obliged...I'm satisfied in knowing that someone at the assembly plant didn't properly caulk(seal) an area underneath the windshield wipers at the firewall...This type of thing is probably not too common, so I don't believe that it is widespread, just a small error of omission...I'm all happy now again and that's that!!! P.S;Nothing personal to all the proud TBSS owners out there(kinda' jealous,in a way) you might blow by me on the roads out there, BUT,I will continue to blast through 3 feet of snow up here in CNY and LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!! We have a sensational website here and let's keep her going!!! Hail to the TB,in all of her majestic forms!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 PM

Carpet soaking wet!!!!

I found it, ,iffen you guys need it for info where my leak originated...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.