TCCM Bad - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > 4x4 Drivetrain

4x4 Drivetrain 4x4 Repairs & Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Tccm

Hi again, sorry I never told this detail but the Service 4WD light came on as soon as I replaced my battery . Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks again to Roadie and Cadyshac for their input... GIO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy BigBlazer SS Clone
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
if you want i stil have my tccm. make an offer
Old 09-26-2009, 09:07 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I got my TCCM from gm parts direct for 195. shipping included and a 100. program from the dealer. He is the site http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Cranberry Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Well I think I got the deal of the century. I went to the junkyard and pulled the tccm from an '03 tblazer. When I took it to the counter the guy says how about $10, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. I put it in my '02 and problem solved I should have gone straight to the corner store and bought a lottery ticket! The part # on my '02 piece is GM15085386 and the '03 is GM12580060. I just saved a ton of cash thanks to Trailvoy, thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I need to tackle a squeaky window so I am going to start a new thread.
Cady
Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Thumbs up Tccm gio good to go

Hi everyone I just wanted to say how glad I am that I found this forum..This was a great help to me from reading all the threads I read on my problem. I wanted to give a special thanks to( the Roadie) and( Vartz04) for all there help with all the emails I sent out to them. I ordered my TCCM from GM Parts Direct and then went to the dealer for the programming and now the 4WD is working perfect. Thanks SO MUCH GIO
Old 10-12-2009, 05:58 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
check junk yards just got a tccm for my tb for less than 100 an since it came out of a working tb it was already programed pluged in an worked fine
Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 PM

2005 Chevy Silverado
Silver 5.3L V8 4X4
Great thread. Got me very interested.
I have had my '02 for a couple years. I had an intermittent problem with my 4x4 and if it was in A4x4 it would jump into 4x4, and if it was in 2wd it would jump to Neutral while driving with the lights staying on A4x4 or 2wd. Once I would move the switch it would resolve and I could go on my way. Dealer diagnosed the issue as a bad pin/part inside the TCCM and one signal was not getting to the encoder motor, so I got one from a yard (family salvage yard is great)... seems to solve the issue, but in some cases after I start in the morning after I have moved the switch the N light is on, and looking to move to the point where the switch is...put the shifter in N and then usually moves and don't have a problem again.

Part number that came from my TB is 15085386 and I will be looking later to find the part number that I got from salvage.

In the end I guess my question is: can the TCCM that I have be verified that it does have this issue. I would like to know if this one is bad or not for sure. Maybe I have a wiring issue, or if I have a good TCCM I can sell it cheap to a member or something.

and... thanks for the great site.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I know this thread is a little old but the part number 15085386 is the one that came out of my TB today and it is bad, so that must be some of the bad ones. I will be trying to find one in some salvage yards tomorrow. Anyone know of any?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Carbon Black Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
TCCM Bad

Roadie,

I have a 2002 Trailblazer and need to replace the TCCM. Can you verify the TCCM from the 03 through 06 will work with the 2002 Trailblazer. I know I read something to that effect in a thread but I want to confirm it before I buy a use one.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
TCCMs from 2003-2009 will work in in your 2002. If they come out of an Envoy or Trailblazer with 4WD, they should be plug and play.

The TCCM strictly speaking should be flashed by the dealer if your gear ratio is different from the donor vehicle, but that's a very subtle and almost irrelevant issue of the exact road speeds where the A4WD clutches operate, and the 4LO lockout (might lock out at 2.8 MPH instead of 3, for instance - who cares.)

If the junkyard donor vehicle is an AWD like the Rainier or Bravada, of straight out of new parts stock, it will need the reflash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.