Occasional traction control light - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > 4x4 Drivetrain

4x4 Drivetrain 4x4 Repairs & Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Very Dark Cherry 4.2L I6 4X4
Occasional traction control light

I have had the traction control warning and service lamps come on while backing out of my driveway a couple of times. I have owned my '08 TB for 4 months and I reset it by shutting off the ignition and restarting. I have to turn sharp due to the shape of my dirveway and I am wondering if it is sensitive to the sharp turns. It has never come on at any other time. Should I be concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I've had my lights come on two or three times in the last few months--also able to reset by turning off the engine and restarting.

I suspect that a wheel-speed sensor (straining a loose connector/wire during a hard turn) may be causing the issue but that's not much more than speculation at this point. Unfortunately intermittent faults like this are gonna be buggy to sort out.

Not much help, but at least you're not alone.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Dark Cherry Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I was going down the road today at 35 mph and the Traction off light (triangle with skid marks?) and the traction light with a wrench came on too simultaneously. (directly to the left of it.)

pushing the button on the shifter did nothing and holding it down for 5 seconds caused it to blink a few times but still stayed on.

anyone else have these issues or a possible solution? is there anything the dealer can do about it?
I still have a 30 day "fix-it all" grace period with them.

thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 01:39 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01YZF6 View Post
is there anything the dealer can do about it?
It's out of factory warranty already? Anyway, if you have a 30-day used car warranty, the dealer MUST deal with it. Could be a couple of dozen wiring, sensor or control module issues. Much better diagnosed by somebody with training and a GM tech tool, not a DIY sort of system.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Dark Cherry Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
yes it was a used purchase so factory warranty out of the question. I will call teh dealer tomorrow and let them know !
Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graystone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
any update on this? I had this come on twice so far immediately after a cold-start (a shut down and restart fixed it) but I also had a low tire at the time. After re-inflating all to the correct pressure it hasn't happened since...

2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT 5.3
1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL coupe 3400 V6
Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
If you have OnStar connect with them when the Service Stabilitrack light is on and have them run a diagnostic. They'll be able to tell you what sensor is causing the light. The light must be on for them to check it though. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black Other AWD
Can I ask a stupid question?....08 would have a 100,000m or 5 year warranty even if used wouldn't it? I thought the warranty transferred with ownership until either of the two things above occurred.

Matt
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graystone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
5 yr/100k is not a bumper-to-bumper but a powertrain warranty. As such I don't believe GM would cover a malfunction of the traction control system.

2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT 5.3
1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL coupe 3400 V6
Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I am having the same issue with my 07, i have about 45K on it and both lights have been coming on random 4-5 times in the last 2 months. They also can be reset by turn off the ignition and back on again. Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.