Tire Pressure Light - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > OEM Issues

OEM Issues OEM systems/parts repairs

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Question Tire Pressure Light

So my "Check Tire Pressure" light came on while on my way to work this morning. The display read "LR 0 PSI", yet when I got out to check the tire, it seemed fine. Is this another flakey light that comes on (like the stabilitrak light) or do I need to be concerned about the tire, put air in it, whatever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
TrailVoy Guru

1969 Rambler Rogue
Camo Other 2WD
Every once and a while mine will do the same thing. I believe the sensors in the wheels are really sensitive to anything "unusual". Mine has come on during higher speed than normal cornering, and if I get the tires to break loose on wet pavement.

Everytime I get out and check the pressure and it is just fine. It seems to reset itself within a few minutes.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 AM
No longer with us

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
When I bought my SS, the light was already on. Come to find out one of the TPS had been replaced and not programmed in. They fixed it for free, and I have only had a light when one is low. I've never had a "0 PSI" reading though. The TPS on that wheel might have gone bad.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Smile try my way...it will help

Hi,

I have faced 3 different scenarios with the Tire pressure light/sensors in my 2007 TB LS.

S1:
the light will go on if there is one of the tires pressure not matching the other good tires (this is the normal situation where this functionality mainly is designed for).

S2:
the light will go on and will never turn off no mater what you do, in this case the biggest possible cause will be that a sensor is either damaged or for some reason missing especially after a service visit to any poor workshop.

S3:
from what I have noticed if all tires are equal in pressure still the light might go on especially when the pressure in the all 4 tires are very low (meaning if the whole 4 tires pressure= 29 for example the light then will turn on).

My suggestion for best resolving is to do the following:
1- Make sure all 4 tires are equal in pressure (factory recommends: 32 PSI)
2- make sure the car is at a leveled surface.
3- make sure that tires are not worm or hot (do this before driving the car in the morning).
4- Try as much as possible to stay a way from a highly RF signal as the sensor works using this methodology (Radio Frequency).
5- follow the re-set (re-programming) steps in the user guide, the re-set steps is the best way to tell you if one or more of the sensors are damaged.

Re-set steps are very simple and easy to do:
- turn the light knob to the very right till you hear the horn sound.
- start releasing pressure from the tires one by one in the following order.
- left front tire till you hear 1 horn beep.
- Left right tire till you hear 1 horn beep.
- Right back tire till you hear 1 horn beep.
- Left back tire till you hear 1 horn beep.

* if some of the tires does not beep this means the sensor is not working properly and has to be fixed or replaced mainly.

GOOD LUCK
Hussein...
Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 PM

2009 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 2WD
That happened to me this week. I don't have the DIC, so I had to run around the truck with a tire gauge.. none of the tires were low. To the dealer we went and he said that the passenger rear sensor needed to be reset.
I hadn't changed anything - he said sometimes it happens.

Weird...lol...
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Thanks everyone

I think I'll pay a visit to my dealer tomorrow and let them take care of all my lights and fix my cd player that keeps trying to eat my cds.

I've never had a car yell at me so much, but I still love it
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM

2007 SAAB 9-7x
Pewter Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Tire Pressure Light

I was at the dealer last week and someone was in having the same tire pressure light issue. The tech said they reset all the sensors and it was probably due to cold weather temp changes happening lately. My light came once while I was driving and the DIC said the RF tire was at zero pressure. After about 5 minutes later it gave a proper reading and light went off.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
mine comes on but its accurate. i am definatelly loosing tire pressure. Dang it, I hate living near an area where alot of construction goes on LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.