As many others have mentioned my TB developed a significant at idle vibration that caused a resonating noise throughout the vehicle. Initially I thought I had an exhaust leak. Even my friends noticed "Your vehicle sounds different". I did the normal checks around the car even let it idle in gear (parking brake on) walk around trying to hear an exhaust issue.. nope.
This post and talking with others the mounts seemed the leading suspect. I did order 2 mounts from gmpartsdirect.com and they arrived much faster than their website indicated. This is my first time using gmpartsdirect and I did so only because I was not in a huge hurry to get the parts.
Positive: They delivered the parts at a much better price than the local dealer (pn# 15062381 - $56 ea at gmparts direct, Dealer wanted $115 ea). Even with the overpriced ad-on 'handling' charge it was a decent savings over the dealer (Total from gmparts was $141.69 no local sales tax applied). For those considering ordering from gmpartsdirect, my experience was fine, but I did not like their treatment that every part seems to be a 'special order' therefore is not returnable for any reason (even if they screw up). When I ordered their website info indicated an additional 7-14 days occur before shipping. ( again special order). My parts arrived reasonably quick without the added 'special order' time.
GmPartsGiant.com was a bit higher on the mount $66.10, but cheaper shipping for a total of $148.90 and they offer a return option.
I still tried gmpartsdirect though I was worried about the experience.. again not in a hurry so I figured I give it a try on this one.
Ok to the real deal:
I planned to install myself, but simply didnít have the time in the near future, so opted for a local shop. I did a pre-chat with them and went over the gig and they spoke of having done this same job before for similar vibration issues that I witnessed. Ok I bit... well they did it and it ended up being $193 for labor including taxes and a BS shop fee that I think they added on because I purchased my own parts
I can say they did install the mounts. Unfortunately they did not install the passenger side heat shield correctly. They put it in upside down (gees). This is a mistake I do not believe I could make doing it myself, but I would probably have broken something more significant
Anyway I proved my point by snapping a picture of the mount from a different TB (lady at work had one) plus a diagram off of AllData.com. I presented my evidence and they corrected the heat shield issue.
It took dude 15 min to raise the car, undo the passenger mount remove the heat shield and put it on the top of the mount in the correct location, button it all up and lower the car. Ok that is great and I am sure that doing it the 2nd time is always faster, but this is the same guy that said he 'struggled to do both mounts in 3 hours'. I suspect that having the driver side still attached enabled the motor rotation and needed clearance to aid the quick repair. ( This method is documented in earlier posts).
All I can say is that AMAaaaZZZZZZing difference in the vehicle. I do not even feel the engine start!.
In my case it seemed the mount decay was an overnight affair, but I can see that it may have occurred slowly and was not noticed until it really got bad.
I am glad it is done.. Truly an amazing difference. It was not the throttle body, spark plugs, PCM, Cam actuator, coil etc as none of those items were changed in this exercise.
to the thread for providing wonderful information.!