Motor Mount Replacement - Page 4 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I replaced both, but my passenger one looked worse than the driver side and was the one with the split in the rubber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Well, I have 2 new motor mounts ready to go in, and am thankful I found this thread!!

My 02 Envoy started vibrating so badly at idle, and when you first start it you can feel (and hear) the engine move back and forth! Its not good. I knew the motor mounts wouldnt last forever but man when they go - they really go!

It sounds pretty straightforward.

Question: Do you have to remove JUST the oil change cover to get to the lower mount bolts/nuts? The top ones look (somewhat) easy to get at, Im sure I wont have a problem with those.

Oh, and I bought the Anchor brand ones before I read this Thankfully, they have a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:12 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Motor Mount

I am about to replace my motor mounts, 02 trailblazer LS (GM Part # 15062381), and looking at prices online.

Rockauto has OEM mount (DEA Part # A5137) for $42.79.

Parts4Chevys.com has the mounts for $61.39

gmpartsdirect.com has the mounts for $56.45.

After shipping, gmpartsdirect & parts4chevys are almost identical.

Are there any differences for best mount? I know the Anchor brand mounts are not good.

Any other advice would be appreciated...
Old 12-05-2011, 05:29 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromatex View Post
I am about to replace my motor mounts, 02 trailblazer LS (GM Part # 15062381), and looking at prices online.

Rockauto has OEM mount (DEA Part # A5137) for $42.79.

Parts4Chevys.com has the mounts for $61.39

gmpartsdirect.com has the mounts for $56.45.

After shipping, gmpartsdirect & parts4chevys are almost identical.

Are there any differences for best mount? I know the Anchor brand mounts are not good.

Any other advice would be appreciated...
Do NOT go with DEA either... Ive heard bad things about them too.

You're definitely gonna want to go with OEM with this.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 PM

Envoy Trailblazer GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Yes, I have heard bad things about the aftermarket mounts. Stick to oem plus the price difference isnt all that much
Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Well, just pulled the Anchor brand mounts tonight and put in the DELCO's I bought at the dealer Friday.

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

Do NOT NOT NOT go with the Anchor brand engine mounts. They vibrated so bad in my Envoy, that the paint chipped in all 4 corners of my hood

Put the DELCOs back in, got it done A LOT faster now that Ive done it once and know all of the shortcuts, lol, and when I started the truck up you couldnt even feel it start!!! Its smooooother than silk now. Smoother than when I bought it in 2004

Bottom line: Dont cheap this job, period. Aftermarket mounts (especially Anchor) do not even stand close to the OEM's and with the new Anchor brand mounts in there - it vibrated 10x worse than my originals when they were bad! Go with DELCO OEM's period.

Now Im going to go back outside and sit in my truck and enjoy the smoothness....haha!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Emerald Jewel Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I posted this in another thread but it is same topic. (think it was v8 thread)

Just finished.
Thanks to everyone in this forum and some other tread for all of the suggestions and tips.

Here is my story:

Got a quote from independant guy who came recommended for about $250 per mount.

I picked up the mounts for $135 for the pair at a Chevy dealer.

I was able to get passenger side out without having to undo fan shroud but when I did driver's side one of the pins on bottom of shroud snapped so I recommend taking the two bolts out of the shroud.

Mine had a heat shield on passenger side. It is supposed to fit a certain way so make sure you pay attention to that.

Really had to contort to get top driver's side nut off.
Ended up using U-joint, 18mm deepwell, and 18" of extentions. Also some Liquid Wrench.

To get the Driver's side installed I put upper bolt in and then put the nut on it. When I tightened the nut this brought the mount up and I was then able to drop lower bolt in place. I couldn't get the lower one clear of bracket by hand. Try this before you grind the bolts as some have suggested.

Other than that, I follwed the directions given by in this thread.

I test drove and thought I was in a Prius because it was so smooth and quiet.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
02 T-blazer mount just replaced

As many others have mentioned my TB developed a significant at idle vibration that caused a resonating noise throughout the vehicle. Initially I thought I had an exhaust leak. Even my friends noticed "Your vehicle sounds different". I did the normal checks around the car even let it idle in gear (parking brake on) walk around trying to hear an exhaust issue.. nope.

This post and talking with others the mounts seemed the leading suspect. I did order 2 mounts from gmpartsdirect.com and they arrived much faster than their website indicated. This is my first time using gmpartsdirect and I did so only because I was not in a huge hurry to get the parts.

Positive: They delivered the parts at a much better price than the local dealer (pn# 15062381 - $56 ea at gmparts direct, Dealer wanted $115 ea). Even with the overpriced ad-on 'handling' charge it was a decent savings over the dealer (Total from gmparts was $141.69 no local sales tax applied). For those considering ordering from gmpartsdirect, my experience was fine, but I did not like their treatment that every part seems to be a 'special order' therefore is not returnable for any reason (even if they screw up). When I ordered their website info indicated an additional 7-14 days occur before shipping. ( again special order). My parts arrived reasonably quick without the added 'special order' time.

GmPartsGiant.com was a bit higher on the mount $66.10, but cheaper shipping for a total of $148.90 and they offer a return option.
I still tried gmpartsdirect though I was worried about the experience.. again not in a hurry so I figured I give it a try on this one.

Ok to the real deal:
I planned to install myself, but simply didnít have the time in the near future, so opted for a local shop. I did a pre-chat with them and went over the gig and they spoke of having done this same job before for similar vibration issues that I witnessed. Ok I bit... well they did it and it ended up being $193 for labor including taxes and a BS shop fee that I think they added on because I purchased my own parts

I can say they did install the mounts. Unfortunately they did not install the passenger side heat shield correctly. They put it in upside down (gees). This is a mistake I do not believe I could make doing it myself, but I would probably have broken something more significant
Anyway I proved my point by snapping a picture of the mount from a different TB (lady at work had one) plus a diagram off of AllData.com. I presented my evidence and they corrected the heat shield issue.

It took dude 15 min to raise the car, undo the passenger mount remove the heat shield and put it on the top of the mount in the correct location, button it all up and lower the car. Ok that is great and I am sure that doing it the 2nd time is always faster, but this is the same guy that said he 'struggled to do both mounts in 3 hours'. I suspect that having the driver side still attached enabled the motor rotation and needed clearance to aid the quick repair. ( This method is documented in earlier posts).

All I can say is that AMAaaaZZZZZZing difference in the vehicle. I do not even feel the engine start!.

In my case it seemed the mount decay was an overnight affair, but I can see that it may have occurred slowly and was not noticed until it really got bad.

I am glad it is done.. Truly an amazing difference. It was not the throttle body, spark plugs, PCM, Cam actuator, coil etc as none of those items were changed in this exercise.

So to the thread for providing wonderful information.!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali XL
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
motor mounts

I was coming home from my daughter's dance school on this past saturday and after driving a felt my 2006 envoy denali thumb after hitting 20mph. when i stop at a red light againat reaching 20mph felt the thumb again like getting hit in the back of truck. This happen all the way home 30min drive let my family out and check the fluid's started truck up and went for a test run did not thumb after 20min of driving it this time. Did notice oil gauge on take off would go down to (0) then reaching back to normal this happen every time at a light when ready to drive off again. engine light on of cause took it to neighborhood machanic on monday he told me it maybe my motor mounts need changing at $1,900.00 so had the oil changed and he run a test and told me i needed a oil presure sensor and that the throttle body need to be replaced. After oil change engine light was not on. will be taking truck to dealer for the the thing's that need to be replaced. Is there something i should look out for when i speak to the machanic for these repair's
Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Emerald Jewel Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
t02owner:
the guy talked to wanted about $150-$175 each for labor, so you did good.

the one wth the shroud is by far the easiest of the 4 bolts. Not sure how they screwed the install up, it is keyed so it faces toward motor. Upside down is just silly.

It did take me all day, need to go but a socket and such, and I was doing it in my carport. 3 hours is not too bad. I think Mitchell's lists it as a 2 hour job. I think Mitchell's is name of book that tells mechanics what amount of time it should take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.