p0013, p0014 fixed...but - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:01 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
p0013, p0014 fixed...but

ok everyone I have a question. I have been looking over this site and it has helped me out a lot with my very troublesome 2003 envoy! But I have ran into a problem. Once I fixed my camshaft positioning actuator solenoid, the vehicle started and ran perfectly! It started one more time. Then I am unable to start the vehicle unless it has sat for about 30 minutes after I turn it off. What can the problem be? Is it just a bad ratio o fuel getting to my engine, or is the engine so used to running with the bad solenoid, that it now does not want to run with the brand new one in? or do I have another underlying problem?

Thanks for the help in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Probably a different issue. How many miles? Have you changed plugs or O2 sensors? Can you get the fuel pressure checked?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:17 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
This engine has about 50k or so on it.. and I just changed the plugs about 7500 miles back or so. And me living in California, I am not sure to where I can go and get my fuel pressure checked.. Because no one is allowed to do it anymore for free.. (gotta love the laws of this horrible state!) o2 sensor has not been changed, but wouldnt my code reader be puling up a trouble code.. I have no touble codes arising! The car just will not fully turn over unless I wait.. It is really weird.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 PM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
You should be able to buy a fuel pressure tester ($40.00 @ J.C.Whitney) for less than the dealer wants just to check it.

Harbor Freight also has one in there most recent sale flier for $14.99. (Part # 92699)
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
awesome!!! I hate this car! Always always always problems with this car since the day we bought it. but anyways, I changed out the fuel filter last night because it was dirty. The car started and ran great, but I just walked outside to go up to the store, and it wont start again. When it does, it stalls out. and again it is not throwing any codes.. so is it gonna be the fuel pump, could it be the injectors, or is it just a bad pressure... Im trying to figure this out so I dont have to troubleshoot one thing at a time and end up spending more then I should.

Thanks again for all of the help you have given me so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.