Tire Recommendations - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Tires

Tires Tires

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Gold 4.2L I6 2WD
Tire Recommendations

It snowed today, and I realized just how bad I need new tires. I am looking into these two options:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...10100&sw=false

I've read good things about these tires, but all the bad ones are that they don't last, even though they are rated 600 on treadwear.

I've read nothing but good things about these. Just not sure if they are worth the difference in price over the Kumho's.

I'm definitely open to any other suggestions that are in this price range. I have not been able to find pricing on Firestone Destinations (LE or AT). Not sure how much they run, but would definitely be interested if they are in the same range.

Other than these tires, all I can find in the price range are the Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684's, which get horrible reviews. There are also BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour and the General Grabber HTS for a little more than the Yoko's. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to set something up tomorrow, so that I can get them replaced early next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMan12 View Post
It snowed today, and I realized just how bad I need new tires. I am looking into these two options:

I've read good things about these tires, but all the bad ones are that they don't last, even though they are rated 600 on treadwear.

I've read nothing but good things about these. Just not sure if they are worth the difference in price over the Kumho's.

I'm definitely open to any other suggestions that are in this price range. I have not been able to find pricing on Firestone Destinations (LE or AT). Not sure how much they run, but would definitely be interested if they are in the same range.

Other than these tires, all I can find in the price range are the Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684's, which get horrible reviews. There are also BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour and the General Grabber HTS for a little more than the Yoko's. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to set something up tomorrow, so that I can get them replaced early next week.
tirerack.com is your best friend in this situation.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM

Gold 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtown View Post
tirerack.com is your best friend in this situation.
I have looked there. The reviews there and on discounttire.com are where I have gotten most of my information, and why I am leaning towards the two tires I posted.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:11 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Yakohama Geolandar H/T 245/65-17

I have the Yakohama for two mounths now and I can say they are very good tires with very quite and smoot ride.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:36 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I have the Grabber HTS. I like tham alot. On for almost 25K now with no issues at all. 2nd winter with them and the truck still goes like a champ in the snow.

A friend has the Geolanders and said he liked them at first, but now they are very noisy. Great in snow, just noisy on dry pavement in his opinion. He has had his for about 20K now as well.

Hope that helps. Tire opions will drive you crazy, I know they did me when I was looking

Chris
Old 01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
I have looked there. The reviews there and on discounttire.com are where I have gotten most of my information, and why I am leaning towards the two tires I posted.
oh, okay....thought you where still looking for other options. I don't know if you noticed by it also shows if they are running and manufacture rebates and such on any tires; helped me shop around when I called local shops. That's pretty much solidified me getting Dueler Revo's the other year...called my local small town shop and they got me setup and got my rebate a few weeks later.

This is my 3rd winter on them and will be the last as they are toward the end of their life. Still going pretty strong and getting me around in the white stuff. Noticable increase in road noise the longer I've had them.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black Other AWD
I'm running the Firestone A/T's 245/65 17 on my 02. I got them from a local dealer for $138.00 each fitted, balanced aligned with tax. This is my second winter with them and I love them.

Matt
Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I am partial to Yokohama and they have never done me wrong. I put them on my father's ascender about a month ago and he loves them. I have heard the same about the Kuhmo's but i don't like them anyways. my
Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 AM

Gold 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwfaith1971 View Post
I'm running the Firestone A/T's 245/65 17 on my 02. I got them from a local dealer for $138.00 each fitted, balanced aligned with tax. This is my second winter with them and I love them.

Matt
I found this morning that firestone has buy 3 get one free on the destinations. I'm sitting at firestone now getting the destination le's installed. They came out a little more than the kumho's but cheaper than the yoko's.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:33 PM

2004 Buick Rainier
Crimson Pearl 5.3L V8 AWD
Quote:
I found this morning that firestone has buy 3 get one free on the destinations. I'm sitting at firestone now getting the destination le's installed. They came out a little more than the kumho's but cheaper than the yoko's.
Really? I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Revo's for mine, chose them over the Destinations, but had no idea there was a buy 3 get 1 free promo. Is it publicized anywhere?

*edit* Nevermind, I found the ad. They cant get the Revo's for me since its discontinued (local shop could still order though) and the Destination AT price was only $30 cheaper than the local shop (firestone shop is 1 hour drive away, fuel cost would have eaten up the difference).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.