02 Envoy Rear Air Suspension sensor replacement - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 AM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Majestic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
02 Envoy Rear Air Suspension sensor replacement

I had the rear suspension air bads replaced by the dealer about 9 months ago, at about $1200. Now it's riding un-even and they told me it has one bad sensor and one weak sensor and they want $340 to fix the problem... I'm unemployed right now so I ask... What's the part numbers for these sensors (so I can try gmpartsdirect.com).? Where are they located (I've seen posting on this site for a site that has diagrams for where parts go but can't seem to find this site now I need it).? AND... What does it take to replace these sensors and once replaces does aything need to be reset.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 11:36 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
www.compnine.com has the exploded parts views. AFAIK there is no reset or calibration to do. I don't know what diagnostic can tell them a sensor is "weak". They either work or not. The adjustment is just rotating them slightly on their mounting holes. The theory of operation was posted in a previous thread on the system. Sorry to be short - I'm on a trip at the moment.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:01 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Thanks for the web URL, that's what I was looking for...

Would be many thanks also for the link to the "Theory of operation" link...

Deal gave me the following parts numbers and prices:
25999461 dealer price: $107.62 GMPartsDiract.com: $58.97
25999462 dealer price: $107.62 GMPartsDirect.com: $55.97

If this is a "no-brain" job I'd like to do this myself and save the dealer labor charges... (PLEASE tell me this is easy....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
www.compnine.com has the exploded parts views. AFAIK there is no reset or calibration to do. I don't know what diagnostic can tell them a sensor is "weak". They either work or not. The adjustment is just rotating them slightly on their mounting holes. The theory of operation was posted in a previous thread on the system. Sorry to be short - I'm on a trip at the moment.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
www.compnine.com has the exploded parts views.
I can't find a diagram for these sensors on this site. I searched my year make an model (02 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD) and search by part number (25999461 or 25999462).
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
That web site takes a lot of getting used to.

Enter your Make, model, and year;

Go down to GROUP 7 and click on the picture;

Then go down the page to diagram #7, and click on that diagram for a larger picture w/part #'s.;

Compnine numbers are different that the ones the dealer gave you.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Thanks... Found it...

NOW... Any idea what it takes to change them and/or adjust them.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLUF1952 View Post
That web site takes a lot of getting used to.

Enter your Make, model, and year;

Go down to GROUP 7 and click on the picture;

Then go down the page to diagram #7, and click on that diagram for a larger picture w/part #'s.;

Compnine numbers are different that the ones the dealer gave you.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:50 AM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
AFAIK there is no reset or calibration to do. I don't know what diagnostic can tell them a sensor is "weak". They either work or not. The adjustment is just rotating them slightly on their mounting holes. The theory of operation was posted in a previous thread on the system.
I can't seem to find that "theory of operation" thread. I should have the sensors tomorrow and it would be a great help to find that thread before I try to replace them.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=63780

Posts 26, 27, 37.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
I don't know what diagnostic can tell them a sensor is "weak". They either work or not.
It's the loop on the end of the arm of the sensor, one was broken off and the other was cracked.

Now that those are replaced there's a problem with the suspension air compressor and needs to be replace, I found an OEM compresson on ebay for $359.00 or see "http://www.arnottinc.com" (dealer wanted almost $600), and was able to pick it up since it was only about 20 miles from me.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT XUV
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
a couple months ago, I finally got the rear ride height adjusted/leveled to just where I wanted (the headlights too) then while it was below zero the compressor stopped working. I found that the fuse had blown, I think it was #1, the 30 amp. I swapped that fuse and everything was good for another couple weeks. It stopped working again but this time the fuse is OK. Im just going to look and see if there isnt any obvious short or broken wire. Otherwise, I guess it's off to ebay for a new compressor.

Oh yeah. regarding the adjusters. There seemed to be alot of play. but worked for me was basically moving the adjuster up if I wanted the body lower at that wheel and moving it down if I wanted it higher. I would pop the wheel off and just move it like 1/8"-3/16" at a time until I got it where I wanted took several tries. I read somewhere that you could leave your key in the on position and make these adjustments. That didn't work for me. I dunno, seemed like I needed to drive it around and check it a few times between adjustments.

Good luck...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.