lights on my door controls are out - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 AWD
Question lights on my door controls are out

The lights for the unlock/lock button and my memory seat button on my driver side door controls do not work. Can someone please tell me how to change them, and what kind of bulbs to buy?
Thanks for your help.
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
I was just going to post the same problem. Anyone know if the bulbs are able to be replaced? Also I have a bulb out in my fan control on my steering wheel. Can the bulb be replaced in that also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer Z71 EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I disassembled my door switch housing and brought a bulb with me to advance auto to try and match it. I couldn’t find the one I needed so I bought the closest one and soldered it to the board. If all of your bulbs don't work then you might have a bad connection with the plug. Kinda odd that all the lights don't work at the same time.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
i have the same issue, but only on the front window switches
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I just replaced both the drivers and passenger side bulbs(3 in total). I brought the bulb to Radioshack and matched it to the best they had. Part # 272-1141. I had to do a little modification to the housing for it to fit back in the switch as well as strip the leads. Im sure there is a better bulb out there but I couldnt find it anywhere.

There is also a write up on here showing how to change the bulbs to LED's. That will show you how to disassemble the switch itself to get to the bulbs.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
I found another post about this issue and someone mentioned he repaced his bulbs... I sent him a message and he sent me this link...

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...2zyFckOQ%3d%3d

I disconnected the unit and brought it inside and the top unclips and comes off.. then more clips gets the next cover off to expose the circuit board and sure enough... 2 bulbs. He mentioned that the bulbs culd be tight to untwist so some force is required. I just placed an order for my bulbs tonight! cant wait to get them,.... hope they fix the problem!!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I have had this problem for a while. Imma order some bulbs and see how it goes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 AWD

Do you know the size of this bulb? I wanna order this type of bulb in blue but don't know which one to order from these choices on superbrightleds.com:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...O .htm#Table1
Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazer88 View Post
I found another post about this issue and someone mentioned he repaced his bulbs... I sent him a message and he sent me this link...

I disconnected the unit and brought it inside and the top unclips and comes off.. then more clips gets the next cover off to expose the circuit board and sure enough... 2 bulbs. He mentioned that the bulbs culd be tight to untwist so some force is required. I just placed an order for my bulbs tonight! cant wait to get them,.... hope they fix the problem!!

Please report back to let us know how well these worked out for you. I need 2 bulbs too.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Oh man!! I wish i woulda found that site! I would love to change them to red.... Just looking at the pics ... im thinking its a neo3 but i dont hvae one infront of me to take measurements off of....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.