Aux port? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Aux port?

so on my 05 Envoy Denali, i have the bose system which has the option for cd/aux. i know a lot of cars these days come with a aux port of some kind to plug in a ipod. i think i have looked everywhere, but cant seem to find a aux port of any kind in my new truck.

is there one? if not, what can i do to hook up my ipod?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
You need to hook up an adapter to the wire harness of your radio like this one.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_469GM12...2.html?tp=1672

The adapter above requires a "band" button. Not sure if this one works with bose so someone here may chime in. It is probably best to do a search on the trailvoy site with the keyword such as "mp3 adapter". There are other adapters available as well.

You can also go to the crutchfield website as well and put in your truck info such as year, bose, and if you have a cd changer. This should point you in the right direction.

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...r%2fMyCar.aspx
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11...ce.html?tp=120

This is the one I purchased......and LOVE IT! I tried the isimple and it didn't work well for me. I have the bare bones non bose single CD. I bought the USASPEC from a different site for much cheaper---couldn't be happier
Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
You need to hook up an adapter to the wire harness of your radio like this one.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_469GM12...2.html?tp=1672

The adapter above requires a "band" button. Not sure if this one works with bose so someone here may chime in.
I have this one running on Bose 6-CD HU. Works pretty well and sounds great.

The crutchfield site looks like it has some bad information though. You need a "band" button but it uses the "seek-up"/"seek-down" buttons to switch to aux. In addition you NEED to have an external device (CD changer, XM slave, etc.) for this adapter to work.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black04 SLT View Post
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11...ce.html?tp=120

This is the one I purchased......and LOVE IT! I tried the isimple and it didn't work well for me. I have the bare bones non bose single CD. I bought the USASPEC from a different site for much cheaper---couldn't be happier
Does the USASPEC let you control the mp3 player from the radio? I have seen some that also display the track name on the radio. Did you notice if it supports Zune players?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMastaMM View Post
Does the USASPEC let you control the mp3 player from the radio? I have seen some that also display the track name on the radio. Did you notice if it supports Zune players?
Yes in Hybrid Mode. There are 2 modes 'HYBRID' and 'DIRECT'. Direct mode means full control of your ipod from the device itself. Hybrid mode lets you use your radio and/or steering wheel controls to do some functions. It does display artist and title but it limited due to the amount of text allowed by our factory radios. Zune I'm not sure about......check out this site for more info-this is where I ordered mine.
http://www.mp3carpros.com/

-J
Old 01-28-2010, 06:08 PM

Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black04 SLT View Post
Yes in Hybrid Mode. There are 2 modes 'HYBRID' and 'DIRECT'. Direct mode means full control of your ipod from the device itself. Hybrid mode lets you use your radio and/or steering wheel controls to do some functions. It does display artist and title but it limited due to the amount of text allowed by our factory radios. Zune I'm not sure about......check out this site for more info-this is where I ordered mine.
http://www.mp3carpros.com/

-J
Cool deal. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Thanks for all the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.