Anyone know about the speed limiters? - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > The Track

The Track At the Track with your TrailVoy

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwfaith1971 View Post
When are people going to learn that these speeds are for the track only...not the traffic light grand prix. God help you if you hit someone.

Matt
Since we lost my little sister - 2 months old - thats 15 years ago because a teenager driving at 190 km , I am no longer driving fast .
I know that talking about this is not good here
But to remember, the high speed probably hurting others and hurting ourselves also

Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Carbon black (BMW #416) 4.2L I6 4X4
Export market TB have a 120 mph (192 km/h) speed limiter and that's faster than I want to go in one. With the experience of driving on German Autobahn, speed vs. time saved, 85 mph seem to be the ideal cruising speed. Even if the road is clear from other traffic, I have to push hard to save more time than just a few minutes. Driving very fast for a whole day feels similar to drink a gallon of Mountain Dew afterwards. If I want to drive faster, wherever it's okay to do so, I have other cars that are built for speed.

Sammy Hagar said, Drive carefully, your mother may want to see you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 03:28 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
med grn prl & lt. pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
I CAN tell you my Garmin proves over & over & over &over again, Drive like H*ll! & you only gain a minute or 2. You might gain more if all the planets are aligned or something but just not worth the risk most of the time. No kidding........ Soapbox; Beating your ride all by yourself is one thing add a Passenger or worse a MORON in another lane could spell Death.... I have had the displeasure of seeing happen and then hands on experience in the aftermath of saving one Bud while watching the other Die. (While people watched & would not help) A horror you don't want to have live the rest of your life with so, You know I'm going to say it; Please slow down. Cripes I'm old! when did this happen
Old 08-14-2010, 04:06 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Ah, the thrill of doing something you're not supposed to in something that isn't supposed to do it.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
I'm from Greece (Europe) and went to Germany 3 weeks ago to visit my parents. I have a 2005 TB LT w/22' and 265/35-22 Dunlop SportMaxx on it. I have the PCM tune and the speed limiter deleted. Right from my navi system I went up to 224km/h in the "cold" night at 10 degrees, 102 octane Shell fuel and very empty flat and straight german autobahn. The speedometer already stopped working ;o).

Kind regards.

Mike
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Lol this thread reminds me of a time this past summer when I was driving up north on the highway.. I was going probobly 75 - 80.. a good rate of speed and then I look back and I see this guy on a motorcycle shooting up out of nowere and fly past me... keep in mind i was already going 80 and at the rate he came up to me and flew past me, he was ATLEAST going 115 +

I then thought to myself, that guys an Idiot hes going to crash... and then literally swear to god not even 60 seconds later I see the dude dump it and go sliding down the road with his bike in fifty peices
Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I know this is my first post .... However, there are those of us who are talented enough to pilot a vast array of vehicles past 80 mph. Why did I change my speed limiter ? 3 words Silver State Classic. Google it. I've kissed 198 in bonneville on my ninja. my vette saw 186 there also. my 240sx got clocked at 160 in the classic 3yrs ago.we're aiming for 130 avg speed in the TB this year with the new mods. So in closing, bash the street racers all you want BUT some of us are actually doing this legally.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboos View Post
I'm from Greece (Europe) and went to Germany 3 weeks ago to visit my parents. I have a 2005 TB LT w/22' and 265/35-22 Dunlop SportMaxx on it. I have the PCM tune and the speed limiter deleted. Right from my navi system I went up to 224km/h in the "cold" night at 10 degrees, 102 octane Shell fuel and very empty flat and straight german autobahn. The speedometer already stopped working ;o).

Kind regards.

Mike
Now I am German, and I drove cars (BMW) as fast as about 235 km/h (146mp/h) without a problem.
But I would NEVER use an SUV to go this fast.
You Mike and everybody else that tries to go this fast as you said, is a reckless driver in my eyes.

Did you ever think about what happens when you have to avoid someone that is on the same lane as you are? Specially at night when you can't see one kilometer ahead of you.
There are always people that for some reason have broken lights or there lights can't be seen from far away.

By the way, normal tires as you probably have them on your TB are not made for cold weather, so you would have had problems braking as well.

You Mike are just reckless without keeping in mind that driving a vehicle is not a right its a privilege.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by a yazan View Post
Since we lost my little sister - 2 months old - thats 15 years ago because a teenager driving at 190 km , I am no longer driving fast .
I know that talking about this is not good here
But to remember, the high speed probably hurting others and hurting ourselves also
Sorry for your lost, but it's not the speed that kills, is the reckless driver that uses this speed while not thinking about there consequences.
There are quite a lot of cars, not SUV's that can be handled at any speed they can make. I don't think SUV's should be driven this fast unless it's a live and dead situation.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I've accidently hit 120+ in my SS several times as its very easy to do, and since the frame sits closer to the ground than most lowered cars, it doesnt handle anything like an SUV. $3k in suspension mods tend to do that

But the 03 I don't see a need for anything over 80.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.