[SOLVED] x-gauge for scangauge - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
blue 4.2L I6 4X4
x-gauge for scangauge

ive searched threads for some info on the x-gauge i cant really find any good info for the extra gauges.my tb 02 ls if this matters what x gauges will not work,which info do i input for the xgauge info VPW,PWM?BECAUSE I PRINTED OUT THE INFO from scangauge site but i dont know which of the texts or codes to input.if anyone knows any answers would greatly appreciate.thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 07:58 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
About the only one that works for us is the Transmission temp sensor. Would love to get more codes, but nobody here seems to be experimenting with it.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM

blue 4.2L I6 4X4
do u know if i input the vpw,pwm info i will try all of them that i got from scangauge website i just dont want to input the wrong vpw or pwm.i did get the oxygen sensor to read some numbers when i input that info but i dont know what any of it means lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Not sure what you're going to do with the information you get if you don't understand what O2 sensor data is. As I said - you can easily get transmission fluid temp from the sensor. That will save you installing one in your pan if you tow a trailer, for instance.

What specifically do you want to know about your vehicle that the Scangauge might be a better tool for than an Actron scan tool, for instance?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 PM

blue 4.2L I6 4X4
On their website it says that you can use the x-gauge for engine run time minutes/hours,fuel levels,oil life as u stated transmission temp. I want to have access to all the gauges possible. That's why Im asking if I use the codes for ISO,VPW,PWM 2 make it easier to check what ones work and what ones don't .
Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 PM

x x x
x Other AWD
I think it automatically detects what your truck is. When I plugged it in it said VPW for my '03. When you enter the codes start with TXD and go all the way to NAM. I didn't have any problems programming anything except I think the engine torque (under GM VPW). I programmed horsepower(not sure how accurate it is), short/long term fuel trim, both O2 sensors, A/F ratio, knock retard, remaining oil life, and tranny temp. I know the elapsed time since engine start works but i erased it. Some of mine came from the list "GM VPW" and some from the "ISO and VPW" lists. I'm sure some more of them work that i didn't try, but i don't need 'em. Just try them, if the don't work you can just erase them. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:44 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyduzit View Post
I think it automatically detects what your truck is. When I plugged it in it said VPW for my '03. When you enter the codes start with TXD and go all the way to NAM. I didn't have any problems programming anything except I think the engine torque (under GM VPW). I programmed horsepower(not sure how accurate it is), short/long term fuel trim, both O2 sensors, A/F ratio, knock retard, remaining oil life, and tranny temp. I know the elapsed time since engine start works but i erased it. Some of mine came from the list "GM VPW" and some from the "ISO and VPW" lists. I'm sure some more of them work that i didn't try, but i don't need 'em. Just try them, if the don't work you can just erase them. Good luck!
Curious if the knock retard values were believable. When I programmed the x-gauge values for VPW often I'd get numbers in the 70-90 range. Scanguage tech support suggested I try the following:
TXD: 6C10F12211A6(01)
RXF: 0462851106A6
RXD: 3008
MTH: 01C202000000
NAM: Kr
Knock retard is more believable using this setup.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:07 PM

x x x
x Other AWD
I tried your setup. I'm getting close to the same numbers, they are just in decimal form now. I get 0.0 at idle or no gas. I get between 0.0 and 2.4 when driving normally (city) and when I floor it, it will jump as high as 7.5. Just wondering what your numbers are?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyduzit View Post
I tried your setup. I'm getting close to the same numbers, they are just in decimal form now. I get 0.0 at idle or no gas. I get between 0.0 and 2.4 when driving normally (city) and when I floor it, it will jump as high as 7.5. Just wondering what your numbers are?
I get similar values. At steady throttle they will drop back to zero.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Just wondering !!!
Is it normal that the A/F Ratio value reads a steady 14.6 value ?? It rises slowly as it warms up then it freeze at 14.6.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.