fix the driver door check - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Medium Sage Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
fix the driver door check

if any body has door that when you open it it make a metal to metal noise it problably the door check making noise . what happen to mine was the hole got oval and it would knock when i open it so wahat i did was drill out the bigger and put i pin the right size and bolted together and that fix the noise have pictures to follow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 PM

2004 Chevy SSR
Redline red 5.3L V8 2WD
door check

I have the "knocking" noise when I open the door and I can tell it is coming from the door check. I'd like to talk to you about it....can you email me your phone number and I will call you? loufaulkner7@gmail.com

Lou
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
would love to see some pics of this, but the door check aint that expensive anyways i dont think
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM

2004 Chevy SSR
Redline red 5.3L V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_devil View Post
would love to see some pics of this, but the door check aint that expensive anyways i dont think
Door check on my SSR. New one discontinued....none available from GM or several other GM parts people. Found one today used. Hope it fits. The one they got at the dealer first had the two bolts in the door that were 4" center to center....mine were 2" C to C. It's been a struggle but hopefully it is over now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door check.jpg‎
Views:	60
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	17108  
Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Just replaced mine on my TB
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM

2004 Chevy SSR
Redline red 5.3L V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakashige View Post
Just replaced mine on my TB
Nakashige,

I am curious, if you would, two things:
1. Can you take a ruler end measure center to center the two bolts that hold it on the door edge....does it measure 2" or 4"?
2. Is yours recessed like mine shows in my previous post?

Lou
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
I ordered a new one at a dealer for my trailblazer yesterday and picked it up/installed it today. It was real easy, I believe there is a "how to" write up on this site. if you need a guide line.

They do still make them new for our trailblazers/envoys, so you donít need to buy some used part. I paid $75 for it yesterday.

Honestly, If the cost was an issue... I would just take it out and leave it out. the door works perfectly fine with out it. The top hinge has the final stop point
Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
... didnít realize you had an SSR... I'm not too sure if they still make them for your car. The one on the trailblazer looks vary similar as far as bolt pattern goes, but slightly different in link design. like I said, you can take it out and leave it out until you fix it or find a replacement.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey04TB View Post
I ordered a new one at a dealer for my trailblazer yesterday and picked it up/installed it today. It was real easy, I believe there is a "how to" write up on this site. if you need a guide line.

They do still make them new for our trailblazers/envoys, so you donít need to buy some used part. I paid $75 for it yesterday.

Honestly, If the cost was an issue... I would just take it out and leave it out. the door works perfectly fine with out it. The top hinge has the final stop point

I had a broken door check last year. I went to the junk yard and got it for 15 bucks. Im going tommorow i gotta get a couple more little things... But i can check for an SSR and purchase it and you can paypal me if you want
Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 AM

2004 Chevy SSR
Redline red 5.3L V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTb2003 View Post
I had a broken door check last year. I went to the junk yard and got it for 15 bucks. Im going tommorow i gotta get a couple more little things... But i can check for an SSR and purchase it and you can paypal me if you want
ChevyTb2003,

I appreciate the offer...there are few yards here in Hawaii. I have purchased a used part from the mainland but like many places they only ship within the 48.
So I had it shipped to another SSR owner and he will send it to me. A roundabout way but I want to fix it. My concern is will it fit. Supposedly the 2003-2006 Tb, Envoy, and a couple others will fit. But if you look at the picture the bolts and door unit itself are recessed AND are 2" center to center. The original part I got from the dealer was 4" center to center!! I should know in a couple weeks if the part purchased works. The other problem is finding a place that is parting out SSR's. I would like to keep your info and maybe contact you if what I get doesn't work.

Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.