TBSS vs GC SRT-8 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Racetrack Results

Racetrack Results Discuss kill stories on the track, results, etc.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Forum Advisory
Discussion about any type of illegal street racing is not permitted. TrailVoy.com will not promote the illegal and reckless use of vehicles for street racing. Any posts and/or threads about such illegal activities will be removed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:23 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
TBSS vs GC SRT-8

Well today is the day i had been waiting for my friend came in from out of town sporting his new GC-SRT8.First impression WOW but how does it run.First came the srt with me behind the wheel,let me tell you this thing comes out of the hole like a rocket and pulls hard through all gears.One big difference is the srt only drops about 1300 rpms between shifts and our ss's drop about 3000 we are at a loss right there.Well let the racing begin. Weather here today was not good little rain but both AWD lets do it. I have a vector tune and a K/N 1800 miles he is bone stock 1400 miles.Race #1 from a dig i brake stall to 2000 light turnes green we come out dead even to about 80 and then shut them down.I dont think he was expecting that(nor was I).Race#2 light turns he pulls about 1/2 truck and thats how the race ends at 80mph1/2 truck SS gets beat .Race #3 i get a better launch this time i get him by 1 truck length to 100mph i dont think he wanted to lose to ss SS wins .Last was the rolling 40 mph about a dead even race to 100.To sum it all up stock to stock i think we are going to lose.But a little help from vector(thanks chris/kirk)we have got a chance it the all comes down to the driver at that point.I orderd a yank ss3600 with this mod i think it will be an easy victory for the ss.And still $8000 dollars cheaper than the SRT .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
nice job...I expected that, as at the track I only lost by .25 to an SRT8 bone stock..
Old 04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Dodge did a good job on the Jeep.I always new it would be quicker stock for stock.I'm sure once all the mods are out for both trucks the SS will reign CHAMP.Also alot cheaper
Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 AM
No longer with us

Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Ya i thought that would be the case, nice job on representing . Ya a TC expecially the 3600 will eliminate a stock GC having any chance. I think the yank only drops 1700rpms between shifts. SRT8 u better watch out!!! Interested in what the AWD will run at the track with the 3600 so keep us posted.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Our local track opens next week i'll keep you posted
Old 04-30-2006, 10:20 AM
No longer with us

Well i got the race I've been waiting for. Met up with Chris White from Vector last night, retuned my truck. I have AWD with the CAI and tune. Got the chance to race a GC SRT8 from a roll last night. Went from a roll a few times as this IMO is very difficult to time right. So the first two passes he got the jump huge and arent even worth mentioning. The third try from a roll about 30ish we both launched side by side. Him ahead by 3/4 car at 100+ because we were going around a bend, me on the outside so its hard to tell, and at that speed there was no point to push it further. I wouldnt recommend going from a dig you will get your ass handed to you!! I left the truck in Drive I could of went from third but i didnt. Guy was very cool, not an arrogant &*^%. So the end result is what i thought it would be. Close but not quite there. I can tell my SS is begging for a better torque converter because the rpms drop way too much between shifts. Thats where he seemed to get the 3/4 car. I raced a 2wd with a Vector tune, no CAI or CAI tune. We were door to door. So weight does play a factor as you can tell. Told the GC owner I'll have a TQ installed soon and we will have to run them again. Should also have my catback exhaust on. Said he had no problem running them again. I think next time we will run from a dig and see what they got. I definately lost but the distance is made up with a 3200 or higher Yank PT.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:56 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tBSSOldblue
Well i got the race I've been waiting for. Met up with Chris White from Vector last night, retuned my truck. I have AWD with the CAI and tune. Got the chance to race a GC SRT8 from a roll last night. Went from a roll a few times as this IMO is very difficult to time right. So the first two passes he got the jump huge and arent even worth mentioning. The third try from a roll about 30ish we both launched side by side. Him ahead by 3/4 car at 100+ because we were going around a bend, me on the outside so its hard to tell, and at that speed there was no point to push it further. I wouldnt recommend going from a dig you will get your ass handed to you!! I left the truck in Drive I could of went from third but i didnt. Guy was very cool, not an arrogant &*^%. So the end result is what i thought it would be. Close but not quite there. I can tell my SS is begging for a better torque converter because the rpms drop way too much between shifts. Thats where he seemed to get the 3/4 car. I raced a 2wd with a Vector tune, no CAI or CAI tune. We were door to door. So weight does play a factor as you can tell. Told the GC owner I'll have a TQ installed soon and we will have to run them again. Should also have my catback exhaust on. Said he had no problem running them again. I think next time we will run from a dig and see what they got. I definately lost but the distance is made up with a 3200 or higher Yank PT.
2WD is 2 tenths quicker, minimally..I have run my Friends AWD too many times to know this and his truck stock went 13.8 to my 13.5 (on Avg), 13.8 was his best, normally runnin 14.0's @98-99 ( I run 101+ almost always & have 10 runs over 102), so if you were door to door with a 2WD, it's because it was street racing, at the track when you are timed (reaction time is a non factor in the vehicles actual performance) you will see the difference..especially in the MPH, 1.5-2.5mph faster, any gain you believe you are getting with the traction of the AWD is a Myth..someone that knows how to drive, stock for Stock, even some mods 2WD is quicker, another 25HP & 25TQ, due to the lower drag on the drivetrain plus the lighter weight is the difference, so I would like to think that a 2WD would put at minimum 1 1/2 cars on an equally modded AWD in a 1/4 (as I put 4+ on my friend's, numerous times at the track), therefore, that same race with the Jeep, the SS may come out on top..there are just so few SRT Jeeps out there, only seen one so far, and that was at the track, prearranged, and I see TBSS's everyday, so the chance of running into an SRT8 Jeep is almost nill (still havn't decided if that's a good or bad thing? )...
Old 04-30-2006, 11:33 PM
No longer with us

I have raced the 2wd from nearly a dig to 90ish. He has the Vector tune and i have a CAI and CAI tune which is about 10 or so hp. On one occasion he had a passenger aprox. 175lbs. so close to the weight of AWD. I pulled over a truck on him. He is on this forum also so im sure if he reads this he will chime in. Just the driver in the truck we were neck and neck neither one pulled away from the other. The Cherokee will pull a 1.82-1.9 60ft. The best SS's are running 2.0X. Steve who is also on this forum stated he has seen the cherokee pull two truck lengths outta the hole on the SS consistently. Without a torque converter the SS wont beat a SRT8. And besides ATCO is usually .2 to .3 quicker than most tracks. DA is negative. Yes on a mod to mod a 2wd will probally win due to weight and drag, however in my case 10 or so hp seemed to account for that. I am just stating the facts...
Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 AM

Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Had my Yank SS 3600 tc installed today, and I can tell you, this truck pulls HARD now. I don't see the SRT-8's catching up with this
Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SS
Had my Yank SS 3600 tc installed today, and I can tell you, this truck pulls HARD now. I don't see the SRT-8's catching up with this
That's awesome! I was thinking of doing the same. Are you planning on taking it to the track to get some times? Also, are you 2WD, or AWD?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.