Problems you have had - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Problems you have had

Being that i bought my first TB this past saturday, I was curious as to what problems you all have run into with this vehicle. I did look at carcomplaints.com and wow...I really am starting to worry that I have made the wrong choice. Either way, the vehicle is still at low miles (46K) and is under 2 yr 24K mile warranty. But, I am just curious. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I bought a 2007 and it was my first. I have been pretty happy but a bunch of little minor issues always bugged me.

1. Fuel Level Sensor failed at around 40k miles. Gauge would always read empty no matter what.

2. Passenger side speaker blew out with normal use.

3. All the black buttons on the radio wear off and it looks terrible.

4. One of the brake lights has burnt out like a million times it seams.

No major problems and all were pretty much do it your self jobs. Just a little annoying.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 PM

Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
That is one thing that worrys me about this vehicle is that everything is electric. I am really gonna do my best to baby it, but in the line of work it will be used for, that cant always be the case. I have found that sometimes when the radio/cd player is on the speakers act funky and the sound shifts from being even, to sounding like the music is coming from under the car itself...just funky. And while I am no mechanic, i can do some of the regular fixes, only I cant yet or im sure that all the goobers at the dealership will tell me that I have voided the warranty by doing it myself.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
My 2004 TB EXT has 110,000 miles. Many times, and as soon as 30,000 miles had the sway bar end links replaced by dealer under warranty, then extended warranty. Various front suspension components replaced, but probably typical with Boston roads.

The surprising problem was the cracked exhaust manifold recently. But have been told by a few old timer mechanics they aren't surprised with an in-line 6. They saw them frequently once they get close to 100,000 miles.

Interesting though, when I googled cracked exhaust manifold, how many were Jeeps with the in-line 6, and a fair amount of Suzuki SUVs with a 4 cylinder.

Forgot to mention the front power window motors. They were getting slow, so the dealer replaced them under the extended warranty.

Water pump too, but I think the noise was from the pulley they replaced and the water pump was fine.

I am glad I bought the extended warranty, although, I probably would have done most of it myself if I didn't have it.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM
No longer with us

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I purchased my SS used in '07. 40K miles later, my only issue is the fuel level sender. Seems to be a common failure on GM vehicles in general.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you read. Each vehicle is different. One will hold up better than another. But, you'll find that to be true in every make and model of vehicles.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:23 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
80k Thermostat & HVAC Actuator & Ignition Switch
85k Rear Speakers Died
95k Water Pump Shot

More brake lights than you can shake a stick at.
And the most &&%@Q$#^%# thing I hate about the truck the most that I cannot fix is the 1st to 2nd "bump" I feel. Feels like I am being tapped at the rear end at like 5mph when the truck is shifting from 1st to 2nd. Has been like this since day 1.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
My tail light bulbs have burned out once ($5 fix)
My battery died at around 50,000 miles ($80)
I ran over nail and just got new all new tires ($600)

I have had my truck for about a year and a half and these are the only problems i have had.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
as stated earlier.. each vehicle is unique to its problems..

i've had my '07 SS since oct. of '08... handfull of minor problems, but thats what the warranties are for..

my problems have been a burnt out low beam headlight relay
drivers door window switch/module
passanger window regulator
brake lights went out due to wire grounding out on the frame
and replaced 1 bulb since i bought the truck
oh and the driver power seat side panel has been replaced

these are all very common problems in the trailvoy family.. but again, thats what you have your warranty for... every vehicle you buy is going to break down at one point or another... i know for a fact there isnt one vehicle that i have driven that i havent had to fix at one point or another... just drive it like you felt the day you bought it.. take care of regular maintenance issue's and it should reward you...
Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 PM

Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I've had my 2006 for a year. It has just over 30k miles on it.
I've replaced the blower motor resistor & connector and the idler pully.
I haven't regretted buying my trailblazer for one second.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
got the truck with 65,000 had for four years im at 84,000 only thing i can say is the fan clutch went bad and the engine control module went everything else were things like brakes tune up and other normal maintance but those were the two major things in four years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.