Liftgate and Rear windshield wiper doesn't work! Help! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior repairs/modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
red 4.2L I6 4X4
Liftgate and Rear windshield wiper doesn't work! Help!

I have a 06 Chevy Trailblazer and the liftgate won't unlock. The rear windshield wiper won't work either. i've tried using the clicker and that won't work either. i replaced the battery in the clicker and it still doesn't work. I have no way of opening the liftgate. can someone please help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I currently have the same issues. most likely it's you LGM (liftgate control module). It will need to be replaced.

Also, to open your liftgate, get inside and there should be a circular cap in the middle below the window close to the floor. poop that open and there is a small lever inside. push/pull that and it will unlock. then you can open the liftgate from the outside again.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Make sure you look for damaged wires inside the rubber boot between the liftgate and the body.I have just repaired the same problem this way.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustless View Post
Make sure you look for damaged wires inside the rubber boot between the liftgate and the body.I have just repaired the same problem this way.
How can he check this boot if it won't unlock?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:30 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoldani View Post
How can he check this boot if it won't unlock?
Post 2 had the clue, as does the owner's manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.