electrical? lights, speakers - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
white 4.2L I6 2WD
electrical? lights, speakers

My high beams, flash to pass and speakers all are working intermittently. Any ideas where to begin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Dome Lights wont' turn off

So when my 08 Trailblazer is running and in gear the dome lights stay on! When I turn the dimmer for the panel lights it dims the dome lights to! When I turn my car off the lights stay on but when I open my door they turn off!! This stuff seems backwards to me!! HELP!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
white 4.2L I6 2WD
all checked

I did check the fuses, the bulbs and anything I could think of. When I took it into the mechanic, he got in, clicked the high beams-they worked, flash to pass, same thing! I left his shop, feeling a bit stupid, got home, clicked high beams, DID NOT WORK! same with flash to pass. Not feeling stupid anymore.

Still not sure what it is. Somehow I'm guessing it has to do with wiring harness somewhere, and related to the speakers. Drivers speaker always works no matter what. The the rest of the speakers work together intermittently on and off. Not related to bumps or rough roads. I can get in one day, all speakers work great-real stereo. Next time I get in, only drivers door.

I had a wiring problem before. Harness above lift gate had broken wires. No brake lights, back up lights, could not lock lift gate with fob. Mechanic pulled wires out of harness, 3 broken wires.$35.oo quick fix. All OK since then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.