U1064 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
U1064

Hi. Great forum.

I've searched and can't find any type of resolution for a U1064 code. I'm hoping someone can help.

My brother brought his TB to me with some issues: poor idle and sometimes not starting. He had a P0106, P0455, P0506, P2119 and U1064. I replaced the ignition switch, gas cap and cleaned the throttle body. He told me that it was running and idling much better.

However, I received a call today that the security light has flashed a few times and now the car will not crank. The electronics seems to be going crazy.

I'm going to scan the car this evening and expect to see the U1064 code again - Body control module/loss of communication with DIM. Any ideas ?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I got the same code and more C0455,C0196,U1064, U1017,U1026
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Magnetic Red Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
id say either there is a break in a wire in the steering collum for the vats system that goes to the pcm for the security system,or the pcm is dying its self
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
White 4.2L I6 4X4
Check Engine Light & codes

I'm hoping to ignite the conversation again concerning these codes. My check engine came on several months ago (cold weather). It came on while driving, and went off the next day (i don't remember if it didn't come back on when I started it, but it seems maybe it came on, and went off while driving).

It's not been on since.

Last week, the check engine light came on, and again was on for only the 1 day. It has since come back on, and now it's been on for 4 days.

I took it to Advance Auto and they read the following codes:

U1000 Data Link Connection Error (Class 2)
U1064 ABS Lost Communication - Cam Position Sensor
C0455 ABS Steering wheel angle sensor
C0131 ABS ABS/TCS System Pressure Circuit
C0244 ABS Pulse Width Modulation
U1016 ABS Lost Communications ECM/PCM/VCM
U1026 Loss of Class 2 Comm
P0106 Map Sensor

It seems rather odd to me that all these codes are coming in all at once and at the same time. I asked the rep at Advance Auto if it was possible that one or two codes could be triggering multiple, and it was suggested to me that it is possible that could happen. The rep thought it was important that I focus on the U codes first.

Can anyone tell me anything, give me direction on where to start, and I love photos (detailed), so if you've replaced any of these sensors, and can show me pictures of where to locate them (under the hood) and how to replace them, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thank you!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:05 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silver Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
These are nearly impossible to fix when they happen this way!

My short history.. I was an ASE and GM certified tech up until 2008. I worked on everything on GM cars and some trucks.. I have had lots of experience with U codes.

Basically every module in the vehicle has to talk to each other. If they aren't able to talk to each other they can't pass messages along to who they need to talk to. Class 2 is the communication system. This is a single wire communication system. What your codes are telling me is that you are having a problem with the PCM, or you are having a problem with the EBTCM, or you have a break or loose connection in the class 2 communication wire between those 2 modules. In my opinion, you are not going to be able to find the problem unless it happens more often and for a longer period of time. Also the "guy" at the parts store is correct, DO NOT change any parts on the vehicle until you fix what is causing the U codes! This is as specific as I can get. I have been out of the game for quite a while.

I hope this helps.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.