Would You Buy a High Mileage TB SS? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Would You Buy a High Mileage TB SS?

My company is selling one of its vehicles because the manager who drove it quit -- it's a 2006 AWD TB SS. My boss said he'd sell it for trade in value to me, which I am thinking is going to be around 10K. However, it has 113,000 miles. Would you buy it?

Common problems I should look for? Does that motor and trans still have a lot of life left in them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
Onyx Black 5.3L V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves299 View Post
My company is selling one of its vehicles because the manager who drove it quit -- it's a 2006 AWD TB SS. My boss said he'd sell it for trade in value to me, which I am thinking is going to be around 10K. However, it has 113,000 miles. Would you buy it?

Common problems I should look for? Does that motor and trans still have a lot of life left in them?

If he has all of the maintenance records I don't see why not. Then before purchase I would have it looked over by a certified mechanic.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM

2008 Isuzu Ascender
Midnight Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
tb

Must be all highway miles if he put that many miles on it in 4 years ...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:32 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
They mostly are highway miles. As I said in my first post, it was a company vehicle. They used it alot to go back and forth from Philly to DC. Also, the guy who had it lived in Baltimore, but our office is in DC. That was quite a hike every day.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
That is a lot, but its gotta be all highway.

Get it checked, see if they'll certify it and give you a 3mo warranty or something. 113k isnt a ton, but the LS2 is a high performance engine and Id definitely take care of it. I have 120k on my I6 and its been a BEAST. No issues except for issues Ive caused (power steering pump, etc).
Old 11-17-2010, 12:15 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
TBSS for company vehicle........you guys got an opening? Lol
Old 11-17-2010, 08:43 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
The LS based engines are strong and will last quite some time if taken care of. I know of several people who have well over 100k on LS1 motors that also have extensive mods done.

If the vehicle checks out that would be a heck of a deal though.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:31 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
miles dont worry

my 2003 ltz tb has 152.000 on it and rolls smooth with lots of power to spare just check your abs lights sevr engine lights on some times are seen on some high milage suv and see what will be cost to fix i do have to add parts for the tb are not to cheap . good luk.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
WOW... the first SS I've heard of with over 100K miles on a factory tranny...AWD at that lol...

Me personally, I wouldn't buy.. but that's me.. I like my vehicles to have low miles.. espcialy a high performace vehicle that I've been modding... 10K for asking price is decent.. I've seen others for sale with under 40K miles for about 15-18K and I got mine for 18K with only 9K miles on it from the dealership.. but mine is 2WD... but as every1 has stated.. if all certs check out and it has been regularly maintained.. then go for it....
Old 11-28-2010, 11:22 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
i can't see that trans making it to 150k. just keep $2k in your pocket for a trans rebuild when it bites it and you are golden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.