HVAC blend door actuator - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
HVAC blend door actuator

I replaced the blend door actuator for drivers side temp control. Long story short; the replacement one from an auto parts store didnt work at all so I moved the one from the defrost door to the temp control position and it worked. I got a new one from a dealer and put it in the location of the defrost damper. Now the defrost actuator goes fully thru the recalibration from one end to the other when power is restored but then goes to full defrost and stays there. So I know the actuator is functioning and the wiring to it is functioning. It worked fine before I started this project. Sounds like a programming issue. For now I pulled the plug on it during the calibration process when it was on about 3/4 floor and 1/4 defrost. Any ideas? At least I have heat now but I need to get the defrost working before the snow hits here. 2002 gmc envoy XL-SLT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
What were the part numbers for all the items you installed, and do any of them match this drawing I did a lot of research to put together?

Also, what brand and part number was the parts store one? I didn't know there are any sources other than AC Delco, which could come from a parts store.

[IMG]******************************************[/IMG]
Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
Thanks for the drawing. The auto parts store and the dealer did give me the wrong parts. I had the dealer order the correct part number (89018676)and I will pick it up on Saturday. They said they would take this one (89018677) back. A surprise to me was the dealer price of $66, compared to autoparts store price of $115. The part from the autoparts store is made by Dorman.

http://dormanautoparts.com/applicati...+DOOR+ACTUATOR

They gave me model 604-106 but should have given me 604-111. The autoparts stores books only seem to show one part number for these actuators.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
white 4.2L I6 2WD
another actuator issue

I had the blend door actuator replaced on my 02 trailblazer. Part #89018539, only the front vents were not blowing at all. The replacement corrected the problem. However, 4 months later, now the driver's side blows hot air and the passenger side blows cold air. I noticed the part # I had replaced is not listed. I would take it back to the shop but I had it fixed in Arizona and now I have relocated to Georgia. Any ideas on which actuator to start with now?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
...the driver's side blows hot air and the passenger side blows cold air. ...
One of the two temp actuators is dead, but it all depends on what temp air you're asking for. Whichever side is NOT giving you what you ask for is the bad one.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Cranberry Red Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
need a how to

I'm trying to get the passenger side actuator out, I already have it loose but can't seem to get it past the metal brace.
My question is, what else has to come out to be able to replace this?
Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
No longer with us

People usually cut the brace.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM

thanks

thanks roadie you always seem to have the answers I'm looking for. do you know what the brace is for? a friend of mine has a mdx that has a similar brace in front of the cabin filter the lube shop told him that they would cut it out to replace the filter and it would take an hour, don't know what kind of saw they are using but I told my friend to leave the filter for now b/c I saw that his was bolted in and could probably be removed and replaced in the same hour with no damage to something that was probably put there for a reason.

he agreed and said he thought it was odd that this person who doesn't look like he's been driving for any longer than half the aged of his truck was wanting to take an hour to cut out something so simple to get to.

anyway a little of topic but thanks for the help now, in the past and hopefully in the future.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:52 PM
No longer with us

It's typical structural stuff that may be of marginal use in a crash only.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
It's typical structural stuff that may be of marginal use in a crash only.
That looks like something that might maybe if you hold your tongue to the right and jaw to the left it could stop the passenger from being pinned between the seat and dash in a crash.

Thanks for the pic I feel better about cutting it out now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.