Service Stabilitrak light comes on - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 5.3L V8 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 AM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 2WD
Service Stabilitrak light comes on

Hey guys, small issue with my 07 Denali recently, for the past couple months my Service Stabilitrak light comes on when i start my car, but then goes away when i shut it off. It will stay off for a few days sometimes but sometimes it stays off for a week or 2. Anyone else have an issue with it before? I would take it to the shop, but the light has never stayed on after i shut it off. Also, if im stopped at a stoplight, everynow and then it feels like someone tapped me from behind, like it lunges forward few inches. But i never lifted my foot off the brakes, the light is not active when it does this. Could they be tied together? Any help wou;d be help to me, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Don't most warning lights go out when you shut the vehicle off?

I'd take it to a shop, but not only dealers can have high end scan tools that can talk to the Stabilitrac system.

On the other issue, we had a long thread about the possible causes. In my case and some others, the bump feeling went away when I greased the end of the driveshaft where it goes into the transfer case tailpiece.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=7177
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
Don't most warning lights go out when you shut the vehicle off?

I'd take it to a shop, but not only dealers can have high end scan tools that can talk to the Stabilitrac system.

On the other issue, we had a long thread about the possible causes. In my case and some others, the bump feeling went away when I greased the end of the driveshaft where it goes into the transfer case tailpiece.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=7177
yes it goes off when the vehicle is shut off, sorry, dumb moment, but it will not come back on for a few days or maybe weeks. So if i went to the shop, it will not come back on for at least 15 to 20 starts, maybe more.

The end of the transmission tailpiece? mine is 2wd, no transfer case
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM

2007 Buick Rainier
Imperial Blue Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Have you asked Onstar to run a scan?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I've had issues with the Service Stabilitrack light coming on but I found that it only happens when I shut the car off and the steering wheel isn't straight or nearly straight. It will come on during the next start up and goes away when I turn the car off with the wheel straight. It made it seem as though it was happening intermittently because sometimes I would leave the steering wheel straight and sometimes I wouldn't. See if that is what is happening to yours.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 PM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 2WD
Never thought to use my Onstar while it was on, and ill check into my steering wheel. thanks again guys
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
There was a TSB issued about it:
INTERMITTENT STABILITRAK SERVICE/INDICATOR LIGHT ON, SERVICE STABILITRAK MESSAGE DISPLAYED, EBCM DTC C0244 SET. *KB
Bulletin Number: 1750177

From this thread:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...bilitrak+light

Mine was doing the exact same thing- I took it in under warranty and gave them that bulletin. They reprogrammed the stabilitrak module.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 PM

2007 Isuzu Ascender
Bronze 4.2L I6 2WD
I have this same exact issue and the dealership found that it was a faulty PCM (Computer) from the factory. I take my vehicle Tuesday for the new PCM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Service Stabilitrak Lite

Mine was coming on intermittently for several months. I took the advice I got from this website, and when the lite came on, I drove into the dealer and asked them to put the scanner on while the lite was on. They looked at me like I was from outer space, and tried to tell me to make an appointment. I asked them to simply do the scan and then we would make an appointment. They did that, traced the problem to the steering wheel sensor, and told me to come back another day to have it replaced. When I did come back the tech said I did the right thing, because to try and trace the problem when the lite was not on was a bitch. Thank the Lord I had Xtended warranty.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silver 5.3L V8 4X4
My 08 did the same thing. The dealership replaced the clock spring in the steering wheel and I haven't had a problem since,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.