No power to driver door. - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
No power to driver door.

My 2006 Envoy XL SLT driver side door switches quite working. All the other doors work fine. When you turn the key off the radio shuts off instead of staying on until door is open or 5 min is up. The dome light does not work. The controls for the windows, the locks, heated seats, mirrors, & seat memory all do not work or light up at night. The other doors work fine. Ordered a brand new switch module & it did not fix the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
New switch modules need to be dealer-programmed at extra expense to mate up with the vehicle. That's why we strive to buy used ones instead.

Or you have a simple broken/flexed wire at the hinge line of the door. A data comm wire fault could cause those symptoms.

Did you determine FOR SURE that it was the DDM (driver's door module) at fault by temporarily swapping in the one from the passenger's door?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Not for shure if it is the DDM or not. Window was left cracked over night & it stormed. Wife went to leave for work in the a.m. & it would not unlock. Thought it would dry out but when she got home still nothing. I checked the DDM fuses under the rear & it was good. SO I swapped the driver & passenger DDM fuses, still nothing. Then I popped out the DDM, disconected wire harnesses no water, so then I open up the whole switch still no water but it had that hot/burnt electronic smell & a lil char spot on the green board. Went to go get a used switch for a $100 bucks but the switches weren't the right ones & they told me they can't keep that type in because they are a hot item. Found brand new DDM online for only $37 more and figured that was the better route. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE XL
No Luck

I went through the Envoy again looking for broke or wore wires, fuse boxes, or anything else & still can't find nothing. Found on other fourms that there is about four to five other guys out there with the same problem. Lil tight on cash right now so I'm trying to figure this out myself instead of taking it to the dealer but it looks like it comming down to that. Just don't understand why the dome light and radio could be tied together with the DDM if that is what is it. Anyone have anything on this!?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:12 PM

none your business
of 4.2L I6 4X4
I've had an ongoing problem with the DDM that the dealer couldn't figure out either. It's very intermittent, and more likely to happen in the colder months.

I don't think it's related to yours but I when it does happen I have the same issue with the radio turning off right away. I think it has something to do with how retained access power works, probably the BCM can't tell if the door is open or closed w/o communication from the DDM so it just shuts it off.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:00 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
I mentioned three very specific issues in my post #2.

1) If you found a new one and it didn't work, it's probably because it needs dealer-programming or it's dead. If you can't find a used one, paying the dealer to program this one may be your cheapest way out.

2) You said you looked for broken wires, etc, but the most common way for a wire to fail near a door or liftgate hinge is by INTERNAL flexing that breaks the conductor but leaves the insulation looking OK. Not sure how you determined all the wires were OK without measuring continuity with a meter and a couple of pins to pierce the insulation on either side of the hinge area. Did you do that?

3) The #1 way to make sure it's the DDM is to put the PDM INTO the driver's door and see if any of the functions work. And vice versa. Not move the fuse, but the switch module. Did you do that?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Feel like a dumbass on this one, but a a very big THANK YOU out to the roadie. Switched the PDM and the DDM and the driver door worked. Passenger didn't with the driver DDM. Thought about it but just never tried it because of an open conection with the DDM & the PDM not having the same functions. What a relief on not being out $140.00 for the DDM & just needs programed.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Having exact same problems, 2003 LT EXT. Drivers side is dead. Swapped DDM w/ PDM, dead as well (DDM worked on PDM side). Swapped fuses, nothing. Swapped relays...Worked all the sudden. Then quit, then worked, then quit for good lol. Guess I am gonna have to start checking wires. NO fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Ok, there is a plug with all 4 wires that are all thicker then the rest of the wired plugs. I am assuming this carries the 12V (pink wire). I am getting 12V to the DCM, but the DCM is completely dead. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 11:33 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XUV
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Check the drivers door harness between the door and the body pillar where it bends. Common for wires to break there. You will usually see the insulatin broken on the wires before it fully breaks. Roadie also suggested you look there previously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
door, driver, no power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.