Rear Window wiper motor - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Rear Window wiper motor

I have a 2005 rear window wiper that has decided to stop working. Its parked in the right spot. I'm looking for the wiring diagram so I can check this out. I have no power at the rear wiper motor. Hope someone can help. Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckshdw View Post
Check out this thread, it might help you
Awesome thank you for the help!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
One other thing to check is the wiring where it passes from the body to the rear hatch.
Inside the rubber sleeve/boot, sometimes the wiring can get broken, but still appear
intact.

I assume you've already checked the fuse?

Good Luck!

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 11:23 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by christo829 View Post
One other thing to check is the wiring where it passes from the body to the rear hatch.
Inside the rubber sleeve/boot, sometimes the wiring can get broken, but still appear
intact.

I assume you've already checked the fuse?

Good Luck!

Chris
WOW thanks! Went and checked and guess what!! Wire broken above door in the grommet. Love this forum. Thanks for all the help. So nice getting things fixed right away!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:03 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Rear wiper inoperative.

So I have had a total of 3 issues recently with the tailgate in our 05 TB. Over a year ago the lock stopped working on the tailgate allowing anyone to open it, setting off the alarm. It no longer locks with the remote or with the button on the drivers door. Then recently the rear wiper stopped working and then shortly thereafter the rear defroster stopped working. I finally got the urge to start digging and here is what I found.....
I checked the wires as they came through the rear grommet, they were fine. I checked the fuses, they were fine. So i tore the rear trim off of the liftgate to track down some wires. Of course they all go in to a module so i decided to pull all 3 plugs off of the module and I found 2 wires in one plug melted together. I removed the black casing from around these wires and wrapped each individual wire with tape so they did not contact each other and plugged them back in. My rear defroster works again but my electronic latch assembly is still inop and needs to be replaced. The rear wiper WASHER works but the wiper motor itself is frozen up. So I fixed 1 out of 3 things. The other 2 issues will be fixed soon by replacing bad parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.