[SOLVED] P0411 Code - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum



Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 AM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Unhappy P0411 Code

Hi there ...

I hope someone can help me with a little issue I am having. I have a check engine light, which, when read comes back still as P0411 (Air Injection System Fault). Thinks I have done so far:

* Replaced the air check valve (there was a loud whining sound on a cold start which has now gone away after the valve replacement). The old valve was caked in carbon once I opened it up.

* Replaced the relay

* The air pump has a strong current of air coming out of the hose and the suction is good on the pump

* All of this was done last Saturday, so I have started the engine cold a number of times.

I have driven over 100 miles since replacing the valve. I thought that driving 100 miles would clear this code? I will swing by Advance Auto tonight and have the code re-read and see if they can clear it.

I need to try and figure this out asap as I have to get the truck inspected this month

side note: The truck is a 2008 LS and has 75,000 miles on it. This is the first issue I have ever had with this truck. Well apart from having to replace the side mirror last year.

Is there something I am missing, or not doing to correct to get rid of this code?

Thanks for any help in advance,

- Woody.

:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 AM
shorty's Avatar
shorty shorty is offline
Member
 
2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 224
sent you a pm
__________________
I'm not a mechanic, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srl2Bwh6A3I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM
the roadie's Avatar
the roadie the roadie is offline
No longer with us
 
2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,181
Usually takes three "driving cycles" to clear the light. Start, drive around until warmed up, stop for long enough to get cold again. Or a code reader should be able to clear it.

Might be a sluggish O2 sensor if the code was P0410, but the newer system P0411 error isn't discussed in my 2004 shop manual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Jamie218's Avatar
Jamie218 Jamie218 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody79 View Post
Hi there ...

I hope someone can help me with a little issue I am having. I have a check engine light, which, when read comes back still as P0411 (Air Injection System Fault). Thinks I have done so far:

* Replaced the air check valve (there was a loud whining sound on a cold start which has now gone away after the valve replacement). The old valve was caked in carbon once I opened it up.

* Replaced the relay

* The air pump has a strong current of air coming out of the hose and the suction is good on the pump

* All of this was done last Saturday, so I have started the engine cold a number of times.

I have driven over 100 miles since replacing the valve. I thought that driving 100 miles would clear this code? I will swing by Advance Auto tonight and have the code re-read and see if they can clear it.

I need to try and figure this out asap as I have to get the truck inspected this month

side note: The truck is a 2008 LS and has 75,000 miles on it. This is the first issue I have ever had with this truck. Well apart from having to replace the side mirror last year.

Is there something I am missing, or not doing to correct to get rid of this code?

Thanks for any help in advance,

- Woody.

:
I have the same issue. I did the change out of the valve, relay also. my pump is strong and working. I even made sure the hoses were clear. Mine is a 2008 LT 6 cyl. with 60,000 on it. I have had it cleared out 3 times and it is the only thing that is showing up on the scanner. I am getting and I am almost short of yanking the led that lights up the Check Engine Light, so I don't have to look at it.

Anybody have a fix to this, please, I will take all actions to try and correct it. I don't wanna take it to the Stealership, cuz they will charge an arm and leg to fix it since it is not under warranty anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Lightbulb

Question ..... Could the pump be bad and throw the code, but still act like it running strong (strong current coming out and pulling air into he pump strong)?

I will get the code cleared this evening (either that or disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so). I need to get the light out before Saturday as I need to get it inspected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie218 View Post
I am getting and I am almost short of yanking the led that lights up the Check Engine Light, so I don't have to look at it.
Could just use some black electrical tape ...

"... look see there is no check engine light on, Mr mechanic who is trying to pass my truck for inspection... I have no clue what you are talking about"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
Usually takes three "driving cycles" to clear the light. Start, drive around until warmed up, stop for long enough to get cold again. Or a code reader should be able to clear it.

Might be a sluggish O2 sensor if the code was P0410, but the newer system P0411 error isn't discussed in my 2004 shop manual.
Thanks Roadie .... I'll get the code cleared tonight and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 AM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Talking

so..... update time...

I disconnected the battery last night for 30 minutes and then started her up. Check engine light is now gone. I drove around a little last night without an issue. Started it this cold and frosty morning and it is still out. MY wife drove the truck 30 miles to work and it still hasn't come back on.

Crossing my fingers now, hoping it stays this way.

Thanks for everyone's help. As always this forum has saved the day again. Its such a valuable tool for anyone who wants to save some $$$ and get some solid answers to issues they have.

- woody.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 AM
shorty's Avatar
shorty shorty is offline
Member
 
2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 224
Thumbs up

Good news, your good to go. Did mine a month ago all is good
For everyone out there doing this job make sure you disconnect your battery
so computer can reset
__________________
I'm not a mechanic, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srl2Bwh6A3I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 AM
woody79 woody79 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rush, NY
Posts: 79
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
G
For everyone out there doing this job make sure you disconnect your battery
so computer can reset


Someone forgot to do that

But hey they say you learn by your mistakes right? well I should be able to write a book

Thanks again shorty for all the help

- woody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Sponsors

Advertising Info

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiasts - Copyright 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed