04 4.2 engine vibration - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Green 4.2L I6 2WD
04 4.2 engine vibration

Need a little help, the engine vibration is driving me crazy, it's most noticeable at idle to 1500rpm, you can feel it in the seat and has trim pieces rattling. I have changed the motor mounts, and water pump they both helped but just a little, fan clutch doesn't have any slack in it, was thinking mabe the balancer. I also have new plugs, and cleaned the throttle body, and it runs fine. Also after I changed the water pump I have noticed occasionally there will be bubbling in the resivoir, it never looses water or runs hot or warm even and only does it when I turn it off. Thanks in advance

04 trailblazer ext, 4.2 165k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 02:57 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
What kinda motor mounts did you use cus the factories are hydraulic and are the only recomended ones to use... qftermarkets just dobt cut it
Old 05-14-2012, 03:10 PM

Green 4.2L I6 2WD
I think they were anchor got them from rock auto
Old 05-14-2012, 03:23 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Yep there have been alot of people haveing probs with those
Old 05-14-2012, 04:16 PM

Green 4.2L I6 2WD
Thanks I'll check into getting the hydronic ones
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisj View Post
Thanks I'll check into getting the hydronic ones
Buy the mounts from the dealer.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Green 4.2L I6 2WD
Well I finally got around to changing the mounts, bought a set from the dealer and wow what a difference it's like new again, the aftermarket mounts were definitely the problem they were terrible from day one, they have been on for six months and the passanger side was collapsed about a half inch thanks for the help on this now the wife will get off my back about it.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Silver Green Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Glad to hear you got rid of your problem!
Did you notice the vibration worse in forward and not in reverse. Our 03 Envoy has buzzing vibration at low speed and sitting still until it runs a while and warms up. But it is completely quite in reverse. I think the motor mount is the problem. Has anyone changed motor mounts and can comment on what a bad one looks like?

Thanks,

JS
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinga View Post
Glad to hear you got rid of your problem!
Did you notice the vibration worse in forward and not in reverse. Our 03 Envoy has buzzing vibration at low speed and sitting still until it runs a while and warms up. But it is completely quite in reverse. I think the motor mount is the problem. Has anyone changed motor mounts and can comment on what a bad one looks like?

Thanks,

JS
A bad motor mount sometimes will make a rattle noise on the inside, shake it and listen. Most of the time you cant tell. After a certain amount of time the rubber wears out and causes the engine to drop 3/4 inches and starts to rub on the bracket which is what causes the vibration. It causes a bad ground were when you turn on the heater/AC the vibration will sound even worse, when you start the car you will feel the engine jump, even when turning it off, when you change the shifter from Park-reverse-drive-neutral you'll realize a different vibration why,cause the engine rotates different directions when you change the shifter. Do not use any jobber mounts, I did this and everything that I read on this site about them is true. There horrible, feels worse then before. You could only use the genuine ones from the GM dealer. I changed mines even the Transmission Mount and It feels like a brand new truck. Good Luck....
Old 12-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Green 4.2L I6 2WD
On ours it did seem to be worse in drive than reverse, the original mounts had oil on the passanger side mount, then I made the mistake of changing them with aftermarket mounts I believe those were worse than the bad ones that were on it, it took me a few months to get around to putting GM mounts back on it ,when I pulled the aftermarket ones off the passanger side mount was collapsed I could actually tell it was collapsed from looking at it from the top side of the engine, but both times I changed them it was the passanger side mount that showed the most wear, don't waste your time or money on aftermarket ones you have to buy them from GM I picked mine up from the dealer for $70 each I got a good deal on them I think they list for $100 each
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg‎
Views:	40
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	20203  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.