[SOLVED] Tail Light Lens Removal - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Tail Light Lens Removal

I need to replace a couple tail light bulbs on my 2006 Envoy but am having trouble. I can obviously see the two screws after you open the rear deck lid but is there something else holding them in place? It seems to be stuck on the bottom and I don't want to break it by forcing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
not sure if the Envoy is the same as the Trailblazer but those 2 screws are all that hold the lights on.
Go up to Resources and look up your owners manual. It will answer the question.

I'm sure the rubber seal around the light is just hanging up
Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
ISSUE RESOLVED: For those that never replaced the bulbs on your 2002/ 2008 Envoy/ Trailblazer here are the steps.

Tools: All you need is a phillips screwdriver and a putty knife

First open the rear hatch to expose the screws. Next remove the screws using the phillips.

Next fit the putty knife between the lens cover and the truck body. If you are using a metal knife I would suggest covering the blade with tape to prevent scratching the body paint. I happened to have a plastic knife so I was good to go. Apply pressure rearward toward the lens. It should pop free of the body.

Use caution as the lens assembly can come loose very quickly and could drop.

FYI: This is the anchor points where the lens connects to the body

Using your thumb release the cable from the lens cover. The assembly is now free of the body.

Using the Phillips screwdriver I removed the electrical panel from the tail light assembly (3 Screws), exposing the bulbs.

Locate the burnt bulb and replace. I usually will replace all the bulbs at this point even the good ones. The bulbs come in pairs and cost only about $5 so why not?

The Envoy's and Trailblazers use a 3057 bulb

Assemble in reverse order of the dis-assembly. I hope this will help someone out there.

Regards

Dirk
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcosh View Post
not sure if the Envoy is the same as the Trailblazer but those 2 screws are all that hold the lights on.
Go up to Resources and look up your owners manual. It will answer the question.

I'm sure the rubber seal around the light is just hanging up
Thanks Wcosh, I figured it out and posted a quick tutorial for future use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.