Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

SS Dual Exhaust

10K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  ScarabEpic22 
#1 ·
Anyone have duals on their SS that may have pictures of the routing?

Thanks,

Troy

#31 ·
WetDoG said:
There must be a slight difference in the routing for the 6 cylinder, because Borla doesn't list a package for the SS.

Troy
Borla may not have had a TB SS in yet to put a system on. The connection from the exhaust pipe to the muffler is different on an I-6 or 5.3L than it is on the 6.0L. So a current Borla system wouldn't fit the SS, but when they get around to making one, the routing should probably be the same.

#32 ·
I sent an e-mail to Borla asking if they had anything in the works for the split duals for the TBSS. In the meantime, if one of you guys have duals and could take some pics of the routing, I would appreciate it. I know I can have duals put on for a lot less money than Borla will charge.

Troy

#39 ·
I sent an e-mail to Borla asking if they had anything in the works for the split duals for the TBSS. In the meantime, if one of you guys have duals and could take some pics of the routing, I would appreciate it. I know I can have duals put on for a lot less money than Borla will charge.

Troy
Borla should just put out the dual exhaust and let some aftermarket company take care of the dual exhaust insert. I would loose the spare if I had to, to fit the duals.

#35 ·
WetDoG said:
Pics showing the routing of the pipes would help me greatly, because these guys are telling me that there isn't enough room to run the left pipe and it would be too close to the fuel line and tank.

Troy
More pics in this thread. http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=6596&highlight=duals

The pipe size is 2.25" if I remember correctly. I wanted 3" but he said there wasn't enough room to run dual 3". He said he could easily do 3" single but I wanted dual so I agreed to the smaller pipe.

#37 ·
Spong said:
More pics in this thread. http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=6596&highlight=duals

The pipe size is 2.25" if I remember correctly. I wanted 3" but he said there wasn't enough room to run dual 3". He said he could easily do 3" single but I wanted dual so I agreed to the smaller pipe.
That is a tad more cross section at 7.95 square inches for dual 2.25" vs 7.07 square inches for the single 3". With the boundary layer, the flow is probably pretty similar between the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.