Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear Seat Entertainment System Support

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Zrafferty 
#1 ·
Greetings

I have a 2003 Bravada that's it's about time to replace the stereo head. I've found some good solutions on Crutchfield however none seem to support the rear seat entertainment system.

Mine has the Bose with On-Star however could care less about On-Star. Going Double-DIN.

I don't think the rear seat entertainment system has actually ever been used but thought it might be nice to retain that feature set although not mandatory.

Any ideas or suggestions?

#2 ·
Did you ever find a solution to this? I also have all the same features as you and want to somehow keep the rear DVD player working. I had not remote or wireless infrared headsets come with mine. I purchased an Axxess GMOS-014 as recommended by Axxess support when I called them and was told yes this will work with the RSE(Rear Seat Entertainment). Well it didn't and I called back and was told by another support rep that I will lose the DVD controls with an Aftermarket Radio no matter what.

I'm curious if I can purchase wireless infrared headsets and wonder if they will get audio that way since the headphone jacks don't work but the DVD player does work. There has to be a way to get this working. Kind of silly if GM didn't realize people will replace factory radios with aftermarket ones. I'm sure someone out there has figured this out by now. If not then I might have to as this is my 3rd TB and the first one with all the bells and whistles. I know the screen is not the largest but the kids are happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.