Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

06 Envoy SLE traction control

985 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Birkiebob 
#1 ·
Picked up a 2006 Envoy SLE about a month ago. Had to do a few fixes. New 4x4 motor, struts, motor mounts and new tires. Two traction control lights comes on every so often. One being the normal trac light and the second is a repair traction control. Been snowing quite a bit in Chicago. Doesn't feel any different when I drive. Goes away if I restart the car. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 ·
Without having any fault codes to go by, I would suspect the front wheel speed sensors. Sometimes rust and corrosion builds up under the mounting plate. This causes the sensor to lift a little and its output voltage is reduced and that causes the computer to set a Traction Control fault.

#4 ·
Traction Control lights

I purchased a used '08 Trailblazer in 2010 with 59,000 miles. I've had this problem with the traction control lights coming on since 2010. I read a post on this forum recently that you can try "restarting" the car while the engine is already running and this will clear the lights. On my '08, doing a restart with the engine already running does NOT engage the starter and grind teeth off the flywheel. This is how I've been dealing with this for now.

#5 ·
I have an 08 Trailblazer with 112,000 miles and have been dealing with this problem for years. It seems to happen mostly in the winter months, and all I do is restart the car and it goes off. It is very annoying that no one, even the dealership can figure out the fix for this!

#6 ·
I suggest you go to your local parts store with the TB running and the light on and see if they will read your codes. I’ve read that a code C0455 means your steering wheel position sensor may need replacing, part #19150081. Then maybe go to your dealership to confirm. The part is about $80 and takes less than an hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.