Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Still having issues with my 05 Trailblazer ECM issue maybe?

Tags
ecm issue
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  CoolCell67 
#1 · (Edited)
Did all this: Rebuild 4.2L plus added these parts new: Timing chain, cylinder head machined, valves, springs, rockers arms, seal gaskets, fuel pump, water pump, oil pump, thermostat, plugs, coils, map sensor, fuel tank pressure sensor, fuel injectors, fuel rail, water pump, fan clutch, o2 sensors, catalytic converter, throttle body and gas pedal with sensor.

Yes, I love my trailblazer and cheaper than a car payment with full coverage insurance still looks like new. 196 K before rebuild.

Only if I can get the bugs and gremlins out.

Last night I went to go to the store and before got in the trailblazer my wife started the trailblazer from the riders seat.

I idled really weird and bouncing the truck like a hot rob on a drag race track would idle.

I turned it off and read the code got a P0107 MAP Circuit low circuit not the map sensor is new and never had this warning before. Cleared codes and restarted the truck drove about 30 minutes was fine. Went into a store 5 minutes and the trailblazer would not start. Cot a P0651 code b voltage.

I would not start until I cleared the codes and unplugged the fan clutch wiring connector and it started fine plugged in the fan clutch connector again not issues since. This is a random thing.

Also the fan clutch connector wires I checked then no issues or shorts found using my volt meter.

Can this be a battery issue or a bad ecm?

Also this is my first trailblazer is this normal? I have to click the unlock button on the remote then turn the key to start it kinda weird but maybe normal.

Thank you in advance for every ones help.

See less See more
#2 ·
It sounds like your ignition starter switch might need replacing. The sudden appearance of weird and unrelated problems if often the result of an ignition stater going bad. They are about $20 from RockAuto.

Do a search on ignition switch and you'll see what I am referring to.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Issue not found

Did that simple fix changed the ignition switch same issue have to click the unlock door button on the remoter then turn the key to start.

If you don't click the remote door button and turn the key to start just dims and black outs the dash lights and everything.

$20 part cannon failed. :bonk:

Still looking for the solution why I have to press the remote unlock button to start the trailblazer. Watched the 5v with scan tool and cleaned and wiggled all plugs while running found no change so leaning to a bad PCM maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.