Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

SAAB 9-7X Blend Door Actuator Problems

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sid Coleman 
#1 ·
So, I'm new to this site, but not to forums.
I'm more of a BMW person, but I own a 9-7X as well.
Anyway, I've searched and searched, maybe I just didn't find the right thing. The blend door actuator is out in my vehicle, and I can't seem to locate it for the life of me. Do I have to remove the whole dash to access it? The rest of the car is awesome, but the driver's side is stuck on hot, and it is just peachy in this high-90's weather.

#4 ·
Dorman Part #

In case someone is looking for this information, I just replaced my driver's side temperature actuator in my '09 SAAB 9-7x, and the Dorman part # is 604-119. Which O'Reilly sells for about $45. Also, it was quite a challenge to get to the part because it was behind a support bracket that is held on with 2 x 10mm nuts and 2 x 10mm bolts up in the dash. The 2 nuts were visible from the underside of the dash once you remove the panels, but the other 2 bolts are accessible from up in the dash and are difficult to remove without the proper sized tools. I did not drill a hole through the bracket as some folks suggested, but I did use tin snips to cut a slot in the bracket so I could rotate the bracket out from under the dash more easily. Once that bracket was removed, I had easy access to the lower actuator which is the part that failed on my vehicle.

#5 ·
Dorman Part #

In case someone is looking for this information, I just replaced my driver's side temperature actuator in my '09 SAAB 9-7x, and the Dorman part # is 604-119. Which O'Reilly sells for about $45. Also, it was quite a challenge to get to the part because it was behind a support bracket that is held on with 2 x 10mm nuts and 2 x 10mm bolts up in the dash. The 2 nuts were visible from the underside of the dash once you remove the panels, but the other 2 bolts are accessible from up in the dash and are difficult to remove without the proper sized tools. I did not drill a hole through the bracket as some folks suggested, but I did use tin snips to cut a slot in the bracket so I could rotate the bracket out from under the dash more easily. Once that bracket was removed, I had easy access to the lower actuator which is the part that failed on my vehicle.
Do you have a picture or more details about how you cut the bracket to let you get to the actuator?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.