Vector tuning = Check engine light?!?! - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I almost thought about having this, or another, tune done. Now I remember why I didn't. I'm sure GM spent more time and money on developing these ECM/TCMs than a couple of guys with a laptop and a garage. I feel sorry for you knowing that you have to take a brand new vehicle back to the dealership to be fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzoso
I almost thought about having this, or another, tune done. Now I remember why I didn't. I'm sure GM spent more time and money on developing these ECM/TCMs than a couple of guys with a laptop and a garage. I feel sorry for you knowing that you have to take a brand new vehicle back to the dealership to be fixed.
If it's just bad gas it will fix itself with good gas and a little driving time. Not a big deal. If the oil companies delivered what they promise I wouldn't have a problem at all. I'll still probably go for the 91 tune though, just to leave more room for lower-than-advertised octanes and/or ethanol blends.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:30 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
If it's bad gas then it doesn't matter who programmed it. My Lincoln LS would knock all the time on various stations 91+. I'm not sure that discounting a sponsors work is necessary in this case....

Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Silverstone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2FST
If it's bad gas then it doesn't matter who programmed it. I'm not sure that discounting a sponsors work is necessary in this case....
Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2007 GMC Yukon SLT
Onyx Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Exclamation

Quote:

The program did not cause any damage. I too believe it is the gas. I have done the different gas test, some knocked others did fine. When you run a vehicle with a custom tune you should ALWAYS run the best gas possible. As far as the "tuners" go. They are FAR from being just two guys in a garage playing with a laptop. They have been doing this for years on many different types of vehicles. I know for a fact there are a good number of member who are running this tune without ANY problems. If any problems were going to creep up it would have happened when the BETA tune was being tested. Could the extra horsepower and torque damage something? You never know. SOme parts inherently have weaknesses. A flaw in the manufacturing? possibly. Does it sound as thought this is something damaged? No, the code simply states there was knocking sensed. Please do not degrade or belittle a site sponsor. They are here at their own free will. They help the site exsist.

If anyone has a question on the reliablility of the product a sponsor or anyone on here is selling, please PM them.

Thank you

Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Silverstone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhunter911
The program did not cause any damage. I too believe it is the gas. I have done the different gas test, some knocked others did fine. When you run a vehicle with a custom tune you should ALWAYS run the best gas possible. As far as the "tuners" go. They are FAR from being just two guys in a garage playing with a laptop. They have been doing this for years on many different types of vehicles. I know for a fact there are a good number of member who are running this tune without ANY problems. If any problems were going to creep up it would have happened when the BETA tune was being tested. Could the extra horsepower and torque damage something? You never know. SOme parts inherently have weaknesses. A flaw in the manufacturing? possibly. Does it sound as thought this is something damaged? No, the code simply states there was knocking sensed. Please do not degrade or belittle a site sponsor. They are here at their own free will. They help the site exsist.

If anyone has a question on the reliablility of the product a sponsor or anyone on here is selling, please PM them.

Thank you
Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark Spiral Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I can't think of any site sponsors who have been more informative or helpful than Chris (though the Westers guys were nice too). I'm convinced that it's not his product, and I would put my money on it being the gas. Some people had concerns with the knocking from the Westers tune that were solved by switching gas stations.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
This thread has been moved from SS chat to the SS tech section.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:44 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Besides the CEL coming on how does the tune feel? AWD or 2WD?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver SS
Besides the CEL coming on how does the tune feel? AWD or 2WD?
Nice! My truck is AWD. The 1-2 light-throttle shift is much better than the stock "slip-bang", though not exactly how I'd like it (kicks too much IMO). Overall driving is better. WOT pulls harder. Fuel mileage TBD yet. Other than the 1-2 shift I'm very satisfied! Now we'll just see if this low-octane problem clears up. If it doesn't I'll get a 91 tune and have them soften the 1-2 shift to feel more like the 2-3 shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in