Quad Tail Lights? How-To Inside - Page 14 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior repairs/modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
do you have to actually cut the brake and turn wires and solder in the new leads that go to the relays and use the other end of the cut section to solder the leads from the relays to the tail connector? i know how to do eveything else i was just wondering this part, and what AWG wire should i use?
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
yes - i had to cut mine just before the connector - i used 18 gauge wire - i think the stock wire is a little thinner (it looks that way to me - kinda the same size)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM

Black 4.2L I6 2WD
And also you mentioned you had LEDs, did you have to buy CK types for the middle since you added the new ground to the middle bulb, or did you just wire your tail assembly different?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
i did the two mods in the beginning of this post

quad parking lights
quad brake/turn lights

the LED's i used are 3157
Old 06-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Silver Mist Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quad Parking

I just finished the Quad Parking tonight. I just bought my TB last week and after getting the donor board (which was broke But had the pieces I needed) I went to take the boards out of the truck and found out all the prongs on the pass. side were rusted off. Just the rust was making the connection. Well Auto zone was the only place open at 10:30pm so I ran there. Brought home the part and find out it is totally different. Instead of the metal strips there were wires and the sockets were molded into the top. It wasnt pretty but I got it to work.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:47 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
My experience with the quad tail lights

Initially I had a bad wire AND a bad connector. Opposite sides of course! As I diagnosed,I thought it was crazy that the center turn light was used for only that. No reason since the bulb is dual filament and the socket "could be".
So I took the bad one apart and it was the flat wired printed circuit style. I figured out what needed to be done inside to make the center bulb serve as a tail light and off to the parts store I went. When I took the new housing apart I found it was discreet wires not a printed circuit! I crushed the old dual filament sockets (carefully) to get the correct tabs out. The ones that were missing and needed to do the mod. Popped them in the new sockets and did the jumpers as shown in the thread. All the jumpers were done INSIDE the housing and there is no need to use a diode if wired properly. I did have to carefully grind the housing to allow room for the wires. The housings were super glued back together and then I used aquarium sealant to be thorough. I love the results and do not understand why they did not come this way from the factory. ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in