Figured I posted an update since I final got the mode actuator fixed. Turns out that I needed to read the enclosed instructions in the box the actuator came in. On the night I worked on the 1st actuator I had an itch to apply power to the new actuator before mounting it DO NOT DO THIS
. Mounting instructions clearly state to not but of course I had 10 cups of coffee and it was 1:00AM when I was doing this so I did not read them.
I got another actuator (They have warranty on them) and followed the instructions outlined here;
1. Took apart bottom dash plastic piece and set it aside.
2. Disconnected Battery (Both Posts).
3. Removed HVAC Fuse (Located under rear seat) passenger side.
4. Changed old actuator with new one. I did not have problems aligning this like most people have mentioned. Just wiggled it in and mounted in place.
5. Connect harness to new actuator.
6. Install HVAC Fuse
7. Connect battery posts and waited 5 minutes until everything settled under dash.
8. Inserted Key and turn to ON position NOT RUN. and turned off blower to allow a smooth recalibration of the new actuator. I waited 5 more minutes just to be sure.
9. Sat in driver seat and took a sip of my coffee, turn on the truck. Turned the AC on and air was blowing out of the top vents, switched modes and they worked as they should.
Please read directions before mounting this commonly replace part on our vehicles, it will save you many hours of senseless work.