HVAC Actuator Door--CRAZY RESOLUTION! - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:14 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Carbon Black Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Changed Actuator Once

So I go the actuator form my local parts store and took the old actuator off. Now this is where I have been for two days now; I take the old actuator out, put the new one in and recalibrate as suggested in several postings here. Turn AC back on and the vents are stuck in the Low vents. I press the mode button and nothing changes.
One thing to note is that when you take the part out the vents automatically drop to the low position. The only way I have been able to maintain the vent in the top position while I install the new part is by turning the AC on manual turning the gear that actuates the vent to on and putting in the new part.

I need to know in what position does the vent need to be when you install the new part.

The complete change of the part is no more than 30 minutes, the problem I am running into is that after recalibration sequence, the vents continue to be stuck in either top or bottom vent position
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2015, 12:17 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Maybe its not the actuator. I am dealing with this on my daughter's truck on the driver's side temp control. New actuator did not fix problem, have ordered a AC control panel. Hope that is it.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:03 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Carbon Black Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
HVAC Mode Actuator (READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST)

Figured I posted an update since I final got the mode actuator fixed. Turns out that I needed to read the enclosed instructions in the box the actuator came in. On the night I worked on the 1st actuator I had an itch to apply power to the new actuator before mounting it DO NOT DO THIS . Mounting instructions clearly state to not but of course I had 10 cups of coffee and it was 1:00AM when I was doing this so I did not read them.

I got another actuator (They have warranty on them) and followed the instructions outlined here;

1. Took apart bottom dash plastic piece and set it aside.

2. Disconnected Battery (Both Posts).

3. Removed HVAC Fuse (Located under rear seat) passenger side.

4. Changed old actuator with new one. I did not have problems aligning this like most people have mentioned. Just wiggled it in and mounted in place.

5. Connect harness to new actuator.

6. Install HVAC Fuse

7. Connect battery posts and waited 5 minutes until everything settled under dash.

8. Inserted Key and turn to ON position NOT RUN. and turned off blower to allow a smooth recalibration of the new actuator. I waited 5 more minutes just to be sure.

9. Sat in driver seat and took a sip of my coffee, turn on the truck. Turned the AC on and air was blowing out of the top vents, switched modes and they worked as they should.

Please read directions before mounting this commonly replace part on our vehicles, it will save you many hours of senseless work.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:35 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souledad View Post
Figured I posted an update since I final got the mode actuator fixed. Turns out that I needed to read the enclosed instructions in the box the actuator came in. On the night I worked on the 1st actuator I had an itch to apply power to the new actuator before mounting it DO NOT DO THIS . Mounting instructions clearly state to not but of course I had 10 cups of coffee and it was 1:00AM when I was doing this so I did not read them.

I got another actuator (They have warranty on them) and followed the instructions outlined here;

1. Took apart bottom dash plastic piece and set it aside.

2. Disconnected Battery (Both Posts).

3. Removed HVAC Fuse (Located under rear seat) passenger side.

4. Changed old actuator with new one. I did not have problems aligning this like most people have mentioned. Just wiggled it in and mounted in place.

5. Connect harness to new actuator.

6. Install HVAC Fuse

7. Connect battery posts and waited 5 minutes until everything settled under dash.

8. Inserted Key and turn to ON position NOT RUN. and turned off blower to allow a smooth recalibration of the new actuator. I waited 5 more minutes just to be sure.

9. Sat in driver seat and took a sip of my coffee, turn on the truck. Turned the AC on and air was blowing out of the top vents, switched modes and they worked as they should.

Please read directions before mounting this commonly replace part on our vehicles, it will save you many hours of senseless work.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:13 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
2006 trailblazer lt

I have the problem of no air out of the forward facing vent in the front dash. i took some of the panels off and was going to replace the actuator but could not get a vent tube out of the way. it is u shaped around the gas pedal. do i need to take the pedal off to get the vent duct out so i can get to the actuator?
Old 09-12-2019, 01:32 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Old thread but maybe this will help someone.
After doing the recalibration 4 times with no luck, I decided to turn the key ON while the battery was disconnected. Maybe drain any residual magnatism in the motors. Did the routine once again, calibration ran about 3 times as long and pop everything worked as normal. Go Figure ?????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in