Anyone interested in Front Mount Turbo kit? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 5.3L V8 Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Anyone interested in Front Mount Turbo kit?

Posting this here as it will fit the 5.3l as well as the TBSS 6.0

Since nobody made one, I decided a couple years back to make my own. Even though I wasnt the best welder (LOL) it turned out great. In fact you dont even have to move or loose any of the engine accessories. Foglight delete required for A2W intercooler.

Here are a few pics - first one is of all the piping and turbo tubing

Here is a close up of the size of the massive turbo!

Here is all the misc bits.

I cleaned up and repainted with high temp ceramic most everything but the misc bits in last picture. The kit will include the following items and is 98% ready to go as is. Only thing I have yet to do is build the crossover pipe, or if new owner desires they can build it them-self if they want a small discount. Im probably going to build it soon and modify it to a band clamp style. I always hated the 3 bolt flange anyways. (I know my welds are not pretty, but they are strong - gotten better over last couple years :-) Keep in mind shipping is going to be expensive - the turbo alone is ~50lbs!!

Asking price is $2500+ shipping and that is a steal of a deal for all the time and money invested in this thing. HP rating of the turbo is 1000+whp which with the right cam/heads will put you in with the top of the fastest TBSS out there. With my back being bad, I am not interested in installing this kit, as I still havent improved after my most recent surgery. However if you have an 06 TBSS, I would be happy to give you a copy of the tune to use as a startup basis. It was tuned with an LS9 cam in it. Just know it is only a startup tune, and you will have to find someone else to tune it local to you.

Included are the following:

1. Godspeed T88 GT4202 turbo with 103mm compressor wheel (exducer) - This turbo is built in america, using Chinese wheels. I have put ~10-12k miles on it and the turbo clearances are the same as when I bought it, (.005 wheel to housing). There is no housing contact, and this has the large journal wet float bearing.

2. Main mounting bracket attached to merge collector & ported manifolds

3. Air to Water inter-cooler with pump and heat exchanger & plumbing

4. One 60mm 100% American made Wastegate by Wyntech

5. One 50mm BOV - Generic China - no funny sounds, just a woosh of air

6. Modified Valley cover, on an exchange basis (I get your old one)

7. Misc oil lines, clamps, couplers, oil adapters, air filter, etc

What is not included & needed:

1. Small piece of crossover pipe to merger drivers to passenger side, around 12" I would guess. If I build it, there is no complaining about fitment, as exh manifold gasket thickness varies by type, and I used a crossover coupler. Id recommend changing it to a band clamp style for more room and ease of use. The little copper O-ring is missing somehow as well, so it would make sense to use band clamp and remake pipe. Like stated before, I may do this soon unless someone buys before i get it done.

2. You will need to modify your fuel system to support the extra air. I used a hot wired Walbro 400 running the stock fuel system, including stock regulator and lines. Id highly recommend a 450 Walbro to get you that extra bit of flow. You will need larger injectors, as on E85 even with FIC1000 injectors I was out of injector. On 93 octain I was at 73% duty cycle with the FIC1000 @ 16psi. Or you could use smaller injectors and meth which would lower IAT's dramatically. The tune I used was scaled 50% and I was close to maxing airflow limits of computer 67lb - which means it was flowing almost 134lbs air at 16psi.

3. You will want to address the weak transmission. I know some on here have run the stock tranny with Sonnax stage 2 with boost at a conservative level 6-8psi. Wastegate spring is currently 13lb min, and would need to be changed if you dont have a built trans. If you want to put boost up to 15-17psi range a Level 7 would be best or upgrade to an 4L80

4. Engine block - allot of opinions vary on this, but it is fairly safe to run 8-9psi max on a factory block. Some have run 12-13 and gotten away with it for a long time (Mr. Double TQ Mgmt) - I ran 13psi for quite a while on stock pistons without any issues, and then melted them down at the Nats when I upped the boost to 15-16psi. Which then pressurized the inside of the engine blowing oil over a hot turbo, and the rest is legacy!!

5. Install a 3" exhaust min that is mandrel bent - with a straight through style muffler preferred. I used the Dynomax VT and it sounded awesome. Nice and quiet til you step on it. The kit is setup currently to dump the excess straight to the ground, so at WOT when you hit it, and the wastegate opens it goes from quiet to awesome loud. In all reality a 4" exhaust would pick up an instant 50hp.

Im giving you guys first shot at it before listing on craigslist or ebay. Call or text with questions - 262 391-9974 PLEASE - NO PM, CALL OR TEXT ONLY

Heres a few more pics for ya!

Top view of kit installed

Front view showing intercooler and plumbing

60mm Wastegate - rock solid boost control, no surging

Home-made "Y" merge collector

Wheelie pic at Nats on DR's !!

Heat exchanger mounting

Drain tube to valley pan - requires you to send me your stock LS2

Wastegate dump tube - exits to ground

Missing piece that got re-used in another project for EGT bung

Ported stock 6.0 truck manifold

Just of pic of how big this dang turbo is!! LOL

I really want to aquire some aftermarket LS heads for a TT project Im working on. I would be willing to take those in on trade as well as a car style intake (stock or FAST) and car style accessories.

If somebody wanted to work out a payment plan, Id be willing to do at least $1000 down and make payments til paid in full.

I hope this is placed in right place for air induction, if not, feel free to move to a differant section. I tried classifieds, but it rejected it saying unable to proccess....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 12:47 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
non of the images are working
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 09:05 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Wierd, they work on my home computer but not my cell phone. I will look into it tommorow.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:16 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Pics

I dont know what to do differantly..... They work fine at my house on PC, and no matter what I try, they wont come up on my phone. I was however able to copy and paste the link in my phone and they came up on a new tab. Wierd??

I would also like to add that I missed one other thing you will need.

A 2bar or 2.5bar or 3bar map sensor depending on how much boost you want to run.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Sold

Sold - deposit accepted. Will re-open if buyer backs out.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM

2002 GMC Bravada
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 4X4
Images are not working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:41 PM

2006 SAAB 9-7x
Lingonberry Red Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Spammer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in