Dyno Results @ Vector Motorsports - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 AM

Dyno Results @ Vector Motorsports

Below are the links to the results of my dyno runs at Vector Motorsports yesterday. I was hoping for a tad more on the numbers but no big deal. By no means am I a dyno expert and I don't want to start a dyno debate here. It is a Mustang dyno (typically lower #'s I hear), and I do have a Yank 3600 which from what I understand a bigger stall hurts the numbers a bit. I was happy with the 1/4 simulation run and I will be even happier if I can match or beat that number at the track in the next week or so.

A few things I would like to comment on. The Vector canned tune was almost dead nutz! I only gained 2-3hp with some tweaks from Kirk vs the canned tune. Just re-iterates why everyone is so happy with Vector's tune.

Secondly, we installed Vector's HSRK (Heat Soak Reduction Kit) and this thing is awesome! The IAT sensor responds instantly. Before installing it, we hooked up there new "Dashhawk" (whole nother story) to monitor IAT's and this sensor responds to temperature swings so fast Heatsoak is virtually eliminated. It looks of factory quality too, most dealer techs probably wouldn't even notice anything different.

The "Dashhawk", well I don't want to get in trouble from Chris again, but simply put, this thing can do it all. This will be a must have for everyone contemplating any mods to their TBSS. Chris.....remember I am in for one!!!

I'll finish this off by saying Chris, Kirk, Dan, and even quiet "Tuna" are all top class guys who treat their customers right and are seriously devoted to making our TBSS's go fast.

Hey guys.... I'll be back for some go juice shortly...let's see what this thing can really do

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...2Sept19-06.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...1Sept19-06.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 11:28 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Very interesting! Is yours rwd or awd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM

I'm 2wd, added it to the sig

Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM

whats the heat soak reduction kit ? what does that do or what ?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM

The Heat Soak Reduction Kit is a new and relocated plug & play IAT sensor. The IAT is suppose to read the incoming air temperature and if it is too high, then it tells the computer to pull timing. The problem with the factory IAT is that it gets heatsoaked when idling and the sensor responds very slowly to cool down. So example, you are waiting in the staging lanes at the strip and the air outside is 70 degrees, but the underhood temps are causing your IAT sensor to read anywhere from 110-150 degrees which means the computer is pulling timing (ie less hp). When you do your run, the air passing by on the sensor will cool it down to the proper temp but not quick enough to matter on your 1/4 mile pass. Vectors chosen sensor responds much faster, almost instantly, so that as soon as that cooler air passes by, it will read the intended 70 degree air temperature and not pull any timing. I hope I expalined this properly, if I made any mistakes, someone else please chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in