Big guns have arrived! - Redux - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM
International Chapter

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Just Silver ! 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazin View Post
I think they could, but most of the bolt ons for LS2s are focused on more TQ and HP higher up..since our TBs are well heavy, we need a BIIIG improvement of TQ in the lower regions... if they bought the mainstream heads being sold on LS2 cars, the I6 might even be able to pass the SS for the first 25 meters till the heads do their magic (wishful thinking but hey, take ur SS's offroad! )
How have you been btw pal ? do you have any idea if you guys are getting the SS over there any tims soon ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graphite Metallic 5.3L V8 2WD
LS2 heads are the same on all LS2 motors right? Only the manifold is different like the 4.8/5.3 compared to the 5.7 LS1...???
Old 11-01-2006, 07:11 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2007 GMC Yukon Denali
Black Other AWD
we can special order it... although the company is trying to charge us 4000KD extra for shipment... if we exchange the going rate from the states to Kuwaity, we should be paying 9,500-10,000KD... Our ONLY dealership is chargins us 14,000KD.. which to the ppl in the states means $12,000 extra!!

I did see an SS for real the other day though!! God damn it, it sounds nice

Old 11-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Im really interested in how this head swap goes and how much it improves your ride. Ive been talkin to Eagle, Bullett Cams and AFR talkin to them about building a LS-2 Stroker...everybody is jazzed with the idea, and are crunching the numbers!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
strap yourselves in this is going to be a good one
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 PM

VTODD, are those heads re-worked stock heads, or something AFR came up with??? When I talked to them early last week, they told me there was much that could be done with stock heads. Asked if I would be better off with vette LS-2 heads and they said that TBSS heads were better to work with.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
No longer with us

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSSe-07 View Post
VTODD, are those heads re-worked stock heads, or something AFR came up with??? .
Read his signature
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM

the reason I asked, was whe I called they never tried to sell me their heads....we talked about re-working my stock heads. My biggest concern was building HP but being able to keep running pump gas. All we are looking at between the companies I spoke with, leads me to believe we can build a stroker motor that should run about 650-675 hp...on pump gas (premium, of course)
Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSSe-07 View Post
VTODD, are those heads re-worked stock heads, or something AFR came up with??? When I talked to them early last week, they told me there was much that could be done with stock heads. Asked if I would be better off with vette LS-2 heads and they said that TBSS heads were better to work with.
i dont know why they told you that, because i am pretty sure the c6 ls2 heads are 243 castings just like the TBSS stock heads. i dont believe there is one bit of a difference. these are AFR mongoose 205cc runner heads with a 66cc combustion chamber, not milled. they flow alot better while utilizing the stock size runners, which nets good torque.

anyways, ive got the intake manifold off (reassembling that tomorrow ) everything is out of the way of the heads except the blasted A/C plumbing which is what i am removing right now. once thats off and the headers are unbolted, iam gonna call it a night and take the heads of tomorrow and clean then surface and put the AFRs on.

todd

ill put some pics up in a bit.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 PM

day 1 over

well, i finished the last of my work tonight. headers are unbolted and valve covers are off. going about this real slow and surgical like. duct taping w/ notes every sensor, plug, group of bolts etc. tomorrow i will be taking to stock 243s off, cleaning up and then putting the new AFR's on. heres some pics of the engine bay in is current state.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in