32"-33" for trailblazer? (new fr sweden) - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 PM

32"-33" for trailblazer? (new fr sweden)

Hi all

Maybe it's good to say in the begining that I'm from sweden, my english is thus not perfect, some times I dont find the right word or a way to express myself and my spelling would probebly not be so god =)

Any way, if someone are intressed Im as I already said from sweden, I work as en economic, and my 'Wife' (not married, but more than girlfriend) work as a laywer for swedish taxoffice (yeah I know, a pain in the ass =) )

How ever, I got a Trail home here who is a great car in all mods except for when it need petrol, (the swedish petrol price is about 1,4$ for one litter - about 3 cans of 33cl Coke)

Ok, now to my question, I want to make a lift on my car and make it possible to fit as big tires as possible BUT i still use the car everyday so it has to work onroad to, I have think about 265-75-16" or maybe as biggest 33"

my question is, what do I need? is it possible? what would be perfect for me? In sweden we got a lot of snow some months every year, and also bad roads, some times no roads att all =)

I find thoose pics at the web:

the KIA I just post to imagen how I want the tiers to fit and look in the fender (or what the name is, a translate from swedish would be wheel-house, understand?)
The silver one? anyone who know the options?
The blue one is a bit to extrem maybe, 33"?? something between there maybe

Hope you all could give me som positiv replays it's f*cking late here so I have to sleep now

Regards to you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 06:13 PM

You can check this link to see some of the wheel/tire/suspension set-ups from our members. https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...eel+suspension
Old 03-29-2007, 06:24 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Expedition White 4.2L I6 4X4
Welcome

I have the blue Trailblazer, thanks for referring to it as "extreme". I know its not really (compared to some real extreme offroad vehicles) but its nice to hear in any case.

So far, I am the only one (at least on this board) who has installed the BDS body lift as well as the suspension lift.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/php/Pr...e.php?kri=168H
http://www.bds-suspension.com/php/Pr...e.php?kri=9221

Having 33" tires with only the suspension lift is not optimal because the fenders do get hit quite a bit (see the user Teebes).

I would probably recommend staying with 32" tires with only the suspension lift. Perhaps this size: 265/75R16

AG

Old 03-29-2007, 06:32 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Hello! My ancestry is Swedish as well (three generations ago my surname was Carlson, not Carton)

I run 31.5" tires and have some other modifications for offroading. Look in my signature for my web site with more pictures, and youtube videos of desert and forest offroading. Except for the temperature, sand is much like snow.

Do you have the G80 automatic locking differential option? Very important for offroading with safety.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Check mine out too ...
2" japan coils
3" body lift
1.5" wheel spacers
33" Goodyear MTRs

Check my profile info for more specifics .
Good luck on your project .

James
Old 03-29-2007, 07:28 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDub View Post
lookit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
lookit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekG View Post
lookit me
Fellows, we better put these things away before somebody loses an eye.

(I've been wanting to use this phrase for two years since I originally heard it on Gilmore Girls.)

Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
dk blue met. 4.2L I6 4X4
Smile

Welcome plenty of info here many folks here have done it. join us in the deep end of the pool!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
Fellows, we better put these things away before somebody loses an eye.

(I've been wanting to use this phrase for two years since I originally heard it on Gilmore Girls.)
that's weird...i always thought you were a dude
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2007 GMC Yukon SLT
Onyx Black 5.3L V8 4X4
The silver Trailblazer is a member on here, topprolmc is his name, here is another shot of it

Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhunter911 View Post
The silver Trailblazer is a member on here, topprolmc is his name, here is another shot of it
Why Thanks for putting me up there Joe. That's an awesome pic.

I also noticed one of the first pics of my lift that I put on the Site was in the original batch of pics that are up there.

I learned a ton from searching this site, and asking people who went before me like TheRoadie and AlekG. They were extremely generous with their time and information regarding lifting Trailblazers.

Side Note- Stopped by the Dealer tonite to grab a few things they owed me...Sales manager goes "Holy S***!! That trailblazer looks great!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in