Shocks - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
No realignment needed. Not Harbor Fright. $75 set from Autozone. They also loan them out for free or cheap. I just believe in buying good tools, and I've used this set five times, three times for me and once each for two local wheeling buddies getting BDS lift kits.
Fair enough! I will get one from there then! Well I just odered the shocks, now I have to get a bigger jack. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Z71 . Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineNoise View Post
Now I just have to find a spring compressor for the fronts. Roadie, your's looks like the one from harbor freight, would you reccommend it? (for most likely for a one time use)
Do not get those, borrowed a set of Harbor Freight ones and uses an impact to make it go faster, the threads of the bolt welded themselfs to the nuts while doing the first coil spring. Had to go to Autozone and borrow theirs to get the cheap ones off since they wouldn't loosen back up.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:48 AM

I've got an impact wrench...but, i've heard some mixed things with using them. Obviously it makes it go quicker...but, how about the safety issue? As well as cheap parts giving in, as mentioned about Harbor Freight. I mean...is it ok, if you just do a little on each side at a time? or, what's the rules regaurding that?

Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Bilsteins HD vs. Monroe

Has anyone had any experience with Monroe shocks on the Trailblazer?
What would be the difference between the Bilsteins HD and say the Monroe Sensa-trac?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:37 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Zaino Shined Red Jewel 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyrich View Post
Has anyone had any experience with Monroe shocks on the Trailblazer?
What would be the difference between the Bilsteins HD and say the Monroe Sensa-trac?
Monroe makes good shocks but compared to the Bilsteins, there's no comparison!!

When I had my 00 Jimmy, I replaced the stock Bilsteins with Monroe Reflex shocks and they sucked. I pulled them out and put in HD Bilsteins and I LOVED them! Spend the extra $$$, you won't regret it!

BTW, I replaced the stock shocks on my 06 TB with HD Bilsteins at about 9200 miles and I love them!!
More info: https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...ighlight=spong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:33 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Well I have the Hotchkis rear sway bar, the rear Bilstein HD shocks and the front and rear Spicer stabilizer end links installed. I still have the front OEM shocks.
WOW, what a difference. The ride is really stiff. You can feel that the back end of the truck is firmly planted to the ground now. When stopping, you don't have the nose dipping now, nor do you have it coming up on exceleration from a stop. Turns are tight and gone is the body roll. Steering is tight and responsive and you feel more of the road in the steering wheel as well as in your seat. The ride is rougher, and hopefully it may break in a little or I can get used to it.
It is definately a sportier / tighter ride with a more responsive feel.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Zaino Shined Red Jewel 5.3L V8 4X4
I've got almost 2k miles on my HD Bilsteins and Hotchkiss rear sway bar. They do "settle in" some and smooth out. Mine now feels just as smooth as with the stock shocks but the handing is still 1000% better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in