Problems with my wheels when added beltech - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indi-GO Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I have been on this for quite a while. There is simply NOT enough adjustment in the control arms and I do alignments for a living. I'm at -1.8 & -1.6 degrees camber. I have even gone as far as removing the lower control arms and removed about 1/4" of material from the adjustment slots. It did NOTHING. We either need DJM control arms or offset upper ball joints. I'm gonna try and get some stock upper control arms and straightening them in a press as they are slightly curved.
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMJ View Post
I have been on this for quite a while. There is simply NOT enough adjustment in the control arms and I do alignments for a living. I'm at -1.8 & -1.6 degrees camber. I have even gone as far as removing the lower control arms and removed about 1/4" of material from the adjustment slots. It did NOTHING. We either need DJM control arms or offset upper ball joints. I'm gonna try and get some stock upper control arms and straightening them in a press as they are slightly curved.
looks like your on the case too! keep me informed on your progress! good lookin out!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy BigBlazer SS Clone
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthes02 View Post
When did you drop your TB ?
i had it done both in the chevy dealer and sears with the same explaination as what every just posted. I didnt have any problems when i had GF probally i should install them back in

Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthes02 View Post
When did you drop your TB ?
A few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMJ View Post
So whats the difference here?? Mine aligned with no problem. The guy warned me before hand that it may not, but he said it came out perfect. He used some big fancy Hunter machine with all the fancy lasers and stuff to do it. I wonder what the difference is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoster View Post

So whats the difference here?? Mine aligned with no problem. The guy warned me before hand that it may not, but he said it came out perfect. He used some big fancy Hunter machine with all the fancy lasers and stuff to do it. I wonder what the difference is
the difference is that the guys with the camber (like myself) are rollin 4x4. apparently it gets in the way of the suspension and the thingamabobers!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK ENVY View Post
the difference is that the guys with the camber (like myself) are rollin 4x4. apparently it gets in the way of the suspension and the thingamabobers!
ahhhhh I see that now. So its not an issue on the 2wd trucks. Now I get it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoster View Post
A few weeks ago.

The Les Schwab near my house aligned my TB with nary a problem, and I spoke to the guy afterward who said it was barely out of alignment. The machine they have is one where you drive up and it lifts the car up in the air about 2-3ft then there are a bunch of sensors they install on the tires and whatnot.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:10 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
The Les Schwab near my house aligned my TB with nary a problem, and I spoke to the guy afterward who said it was barely out of alignment. The machine they have is one where you drive up and it lifts the car up in the air about 2-3ft then there are a bunch of sensors they install on the tires and whatnot.

well, thats one 4wd that aligned ok. That sounds like the machine they used on mine, I just happened to notice that it was made by Hunter. Wonder why yours aligned so easily Really does sound like its hit or miss with this issue.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indi-GO Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I really doubt it's the 4X4 causing the misalignement. All the parts are the same except for the CV axle is there on the 4X4. I also used a Hunter drive on rack.

ghoster and scarab you guys rollin the factory wheels right? That's another difference between the screwed up camber crew and the not so screwed up camber.

Also, did you guys get printous of the before and after readings? Recently at work I've been having people comming in and saying some shop aligned their car but gave them no printout and the tires are all jacked up. Checked the alignment and it was waaaay out. It's impossible for it to go out the way these cars did. So again, did you guys get printous of the before and after readings and can you post the after for us Please?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:07 PM

2006 Buick Rainier
Titanium Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
So would the Ground Force kit be easier to align as it doesn't drop the front as much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in