Horse Power game - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Horse Power game

Team TBSS,
I'm not new to this HORSE POWER game that we all are trying achieve here and I can clearly see some confusion with the K&N kits, hand held progs, ECMs, Tunes..etc that some of us want to buy. I have a new 2008 TBSS and i'm looking for the same thing! We all get a little scared when we here about clogging up sensors and heat shields that don't work and ever famous heat soak that kills our engines performance. I have access to a dyno for free and I dont have a business that is making money on tunes and CAI's and EFAN's...etc. I will just post my HP/TQ numbers with a dyno sheet with the air to fuel ratio and tell you what I used to get them. Keep it simple and show me the data is what I say! Thats what I want out of this web site! I hope I can help some of you out and make some friends on the way.

I have a 600HP Blown 96 cobra and I had to go thru the damn thing with it!
I'm getting my stock 08 TBSS dyno'd today and I will let you know the numbers ASAP.

Dream Krusher
RUN WATCHA BRUNG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM

Welcome, great to hear and keep us posted for sure.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM

Can't wait to see what info you got for us!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Dyno results are in

The Dyno results are in! This is on a bone stock 08 TBSS with 516 miles on it. I have the graph I just need to copy it a paste it to this tread.

308.77 max power and 318.47 max torque. NOT TO BAD! I was expecting 280/290 HP with no mods.The conditions at the time were 86.31 degrees and 31% humidity in Austin,TX.
The graph will show the air to fuel is great from 2500 rpms to 4000 rpms then we see the fuel starting to dump in at 4300rpm to 6000rpm (12.0 to 11.7)which means I could put a non oiled K&N CAI on and not have to do any tuning to fix the A/F ratio. I have already ordered my K&N kit and when I install it I will put it on the dyno again to see the results. I hope this helps out and I would like to see if my dyno numbers are on average with everybody else. So if ya got'em lets see'em!!

Dream Krusher
Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Wheres the Graph? just wanna see the stock '08 tested, and then your mod's later.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Krusher View Post
The Dyno results are in! This is on a bone stock 08 TBSS with 516 miles on it. I have the graph I just need to copy it a paste it to this tread.

308.77 max power and 318.47 max torque. NOT TO BAD! I was expecting 280/290 HP with no mods.The conditions at the time were 86.31 degrees and 31% humidity in Austin,TX.
The graph will show the air to fuel is great from 2500 rpms to 4000 rpms then we see the fuel starting to dump in at 4300rpm to 6000rpm (12.0 to 11.7)which means I could put a non oiled K&N CAI on and not have to do any tuning to fix the A/F ratio. I have already ordered my K&N kit and when I install it I will put it on the dyno again to see the results. I hope this helps out and I would like to see if my dyno numbers are on average with everybody else. So if ya got'em lets see'em!!

Dream Krusher
This is a 2007 2wd 700 miles completely stock !
332rwhp
345rwtq
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...NO700miles.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Navy Blue Other 2WD
Welcome the site!! Can't wait to see how far you'll go with the TBSS!!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
This is great dude. I'm wanting to do a few mods myself but want the best bang for my buck. The only thing that I've done is replace the stock filter with a K&N. That's the filter only, not the entire air intake system. Olease keep us posted on your progress. I think my next move is to get the whole CAI kit and then drive over to Vengeance to get a tune and see where that takes me.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Krusher View Post

Dream Krusher
Do you have the barometer reading for the day you were dynoed ? Those #'s seem more inline with a AWD than a 2WD. The barometer may have been around 29.xx that day and that is why your #'s are low .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in